cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan disabled without notice, currently on Autopay

Cluthe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I joined PM back in March and today I had a notice of a new voicemail so I went to check and couldn't dial out because I "Don't have an active plan" my account.  I logged into selfserve and there is a warning box that says my service has been suspended but to "Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay".  I am on autopay and looking through my payment history I have been topping up regularly from my credit card on file but for September it didn't seem to have worked properly.  I don't use my phone very much otherwise I would have discovered this problem on the 1st.

PM should have sent me a text in August informing me that my plan was expiring and something would have to be done from my end to keep it active instead of just disabling it without any notice of any kind.

The question I have is this: Should I do a one-time payment or should I sit and wait without any service because I have autopay set up and the warning box says to disregard it?

9 REPLIES 9

@Cluthe wrote:

Thanks, I tried with the one on file and then removed and re-entered the card but it wouldn't accept it.  Used another card without any issues.  Don't know what the problem is since my wife is set up with the same card.

FYI...to avoid future autopay conflicts, you can manually add the value of your plan to Available Funds, a day or two before renewal date. The renewal process will take funds from Available Funds and Rewards and not touch your credit card (unless there's not enough in those funds to cover cost of plan renewl). Leave the cc on file to keep getting autopay reward.

I've adopted that method and seems to make renewal process happy.

Good luck.

Cluthe

Thanks, I tried with the one on file and then removed and re-entered the card but it wouldn't accept it.  Used another card without any issues.  Don't know what the problem is since my wife is set up with the same card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cluthe wrote:

Yes, it seems to be flaky since my wifes plan rolled over properly at the end of August - they were setup at the same time.  Payment system also seems to be flaky since it won't accept payment from my credit card on file, going to try a one-time with another card...

Make sure the address you enter matches the billing address of the card. Don't use the apt# field. Don't have a space in the postal code or drop the last #.

There's a possibility that it also wants the exact name but I haven't verified that.

If it fails too many times then it'll just keep failing thinking there's a fraud attempt going on.

@Cluthe hi if you are using the same card to pay two accounts around the same time that card sometimes gets flagged by the cc company thinking it is a duplicate payment, not sure if this is your case but it has happened in the past Smiley Happy

Cluthe

Yes, it seems to be flaky since my wifes plan rolled over properly at the end of August - they were setup at the same time.  Payment system also seems to be flaky since it won't accept payment from my credit card on file, going to try a one-time with another card...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cluthe wrote:

Do you know if the autopay will kick in afterwards or will I have to keep logging in every month to top up?

You certainly shouldn't have to but the autopay system has been flaky for some customers for a while now. But then there are a vast number of customers renewing just fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cluthe 

If your services are off and the self-serve says suspended then it has probably been off for at least a day. If you have a valid payment card registered then try to make a manual payment. If it doesn't work then you would want to use a voucher to top up. Then try clicking the Reactivate button.

After all that then you can figure out what's going on with the payment card.

Cluthe

Do you know if the autopay will kick in afterwards or will I have to keep logging in every month to top up?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make a top up payment so you get your service back up.

Need Help? Let's chat.