cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan changes for existing customers

Cubkegger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

I ran into an incident recently where due to lack of funds i had to let my account go into suspension. Fortunately i was able to make a little bit of funds enough to activate on a downgraded plan. Excited about the possibility of getting back up and running I went to the portal and setup a plan change and bought my payment voucher, unfortunately it wouldnt go through.

After speaking with a mod, I found out that I should have made my plan change before my account went into suspension. So I got to thinking, I didnt see any warnings about this, nor did the page mention that I wouldnt be able to make the plan change while under suspension. Not arguing that this should change because this makes absolute sense, however, I feel a warning on the plan change page would make things clearer for customers going forward.

So I am hoping that a moderator or a high ranking community member can help to bring this idea forward to the web team. a few easy words can make all the confusion dissappear.

Scott(Cubkegger)

4 REPLIES 4

Cubkegger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone,

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting to change the system or how it works in regards to suspended accounts, just to add a warning message before one attempts to submit a plan change. 

Just a way to clarify a grey area of the system. Which in my opinion works very well, all it means is just editing some html text to say ( hey if your account is suspended this transaction cannot be completed until the account has been reactivated)... Just add to the site text is all I'm saying.

Hope this helps

Thanks all

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo, Thanks for the info.  Was not aware that the change would go through without the payment.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  a  futuredated change would have accomplished the same thing without paying for the 30 days.  the plan change occurs first then the payment part.

@Cubkegger The system was designed to work this way (unable to make changes to plans once suspended)  I can't rember the reasoning but there was some.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cubkegger, Although it would be nice if the system would warn/prevent you from trying to change your plan yourself when it is suspended, You are allowed to change it.  You simply need to go through the moderators.  It's just a shortcoming of the system.  If you had changed your plan before it went into suspension, you would have needed to pay for the new plan for at least 30 days.  I'm guessing that would not have been desirable.

Need Help? Let's chat.