cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I upgrade my plan do I lose referral & other bonuses that billing period?

11 REPLIES 11

Gregmt

No you will not loose any referral or other bonuses on your account when you switxhnoplans. What you will loose though is any money you have paid on your service for the month if you switch plans before your anniversary date of your current plan. So when you set up to switch plans it is best to do tell the system to make this plan switch to come into effect on your next anniversary date. This way you will get the full benefit of the money you have paid on your current plan. If you chose to make the plan switch come into effect immediately , there will be no credit of the money you paidmon the old plan and you will have to pay the full amount of the new plan right then and there at that time. 

Cheers . I hope you enjoy your new plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bornmodem wrote:

Hi, your referral and bonuses should not be lost! 

Should or won't? The 4 levels of rewards here will stay attached to the account no problem. As mentioned above, the promo from a few months ago where you had to keep a certain level of plan cost to keep the credit (bonus) going is still on-going.

The other so-called "bonus" data for autopay is simply for the autopay. You would likely want to keep that going anyway just to continue getting the $2.

Welcome though. Good of you to jump in participating.

bornmodem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, your referral and bonuses should not be lost! 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@trishe You will not lose referral or auto-renew bonuses, but you may lose other bonuses. If the plan you have has a bonus attached to the specific plan, eg. 500MB data, and you change plans you will lose the bonus associated with the plan you are currently on.

austinwlee2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your referral rewards will stay with you as long as you stay on an eligible plan! The only plans that are ineligible are the 10-day plans. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

@trishe wrote:

@trishe wrote:

So that could only occur if somebody downgraded their account to say $15 or such that does not qualify? 

@trishe  If you are asking about promos yes, some promos may require to be on a plan that can't go below a certain amount, in that case if you change your plan and not meet the requirements you will lose the promo.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@trishe wrote:

@trishe wrote:

So that could only occur if somebody downgraded their account to say $15 or such that does not qualify? 

Referral rewards and such still work on the $15 plan... I think there were some promos that required people to be on a plan $25+ though, so maybe downgrading to that you'd lose your promo bonus? I'm not sure. But normal rewards like the autopay, referral, and community rewards still work on the lesser plans.

trishe

@trishe wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

No, referrals and rewards are always associated with your account and not your plan so you have nothing to worry about.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

No not at all

Need Help? Let's chat.