cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

shinichi77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I recently changed my plan to a 250MB data only plan for $20 because I'll be leaving for my vacation in a few days and I thought I could live without talk & text.

However, I realized it's inconveninent and now I want to get talk & text. I tried to change my plan to 30 day / 500 MB (3G) / Talk & Text and it's $30, but it seems I need to pay $30 full...  To me, it sounds like a waste of money because I'll be paying for $50 because I'm paying for 2 plans even though I understand it's from my own fault...

Question 1:

Would it be possible to pay only the difference between my current plan ($20) and the new plan ($30)?  If this is possible, it's the best solution for me.

Qeustion 2:

Would it be possible to keep my 3G data remained and change my plan to a new one?  Because I've already paid for my current plan and also paying for a new plan, I think it makes sense. If possible, I would like to change my plan to "$10 for 50 Minutes and 50 Texts" and keep using my 3G data from my current plan.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shinichi77 wrote:

Thank you for your comment. I'll probably go with a plan change to $10 talk & $10 text & 200mb data addon. 🙂

That's the plan I'm on just recently. Just for clarity...it's only $10 once then the add-on. It's only 50 minutes all talk and only 50 outgoing texts. But I'm surviving. 🙂 I also have the 200 minutes and 200MB add-ons.

shinichi77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your comment. I'll probably go with a plan change to $10 talk & $10 text & 200mb data addon. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shinichi77 wrote:

Hi. I recently changed my plan to a 250MB data only plan for $20 because I'll be leaving for my vacation in a few days and I thought I could live without talk & text.

However, I realized it's inconveninent and now I want to get talk & text. I tried to change my plan to 30 day / 500 MB (3G) / Talk & Text and it's $30, but it seems I need to pay $30 full...  To me, it sounds like a waste of money because I'll be paying for $50 because I'm paying for 2 plans even though I understand it's from my own fault...

Question 1:

Would it be possible to pay only the difference between my current plan ($20) and the new plan ($30)?  If this is possible, it's the best solution for me.

Qeustion 2:

Would it be possible to keep my 3G data remained and change my plan to a new one?  Because I've already paid for my current plan and also paying for a new plan, I think it makes sense. If possible, I would like to change my plan to "$10 for 50 Minutes and 50 Texts" and keep using my 3G data from my current plan.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

1. No.

2. The best least loss way is to do a future plan change to whatever plan you like. You CAN change your plan mid-term but you lose what you've already spent and pay again. As you've figured out. With the $10 plan then you get the data add-on and you're set.

If you might be vacationing in the US then PM offers roaming add-ons. But you at least have to have talk of some sort.

Or just get a pre-paid SIM and plan from wherever you are for your short term use.

I found it kinda fun to go to a 7-Eleven in Hawaii and get a little pre-paid SIM with plan for like $15US and have a local number. Which was another factor in my changing over to a pre-paid kind of set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.