cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change - will it impact the existing addons ?

rasu20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Planning to change  my current plan to lower plan ie. $25 to $15 plan. If I do plan change, will it  affect the existing free addons also (talk and data)?

i.e  The all the addons will be available even if we change any plan? 

Please let me know .

Thanks in Advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@gpixel  Thanks for catching this one. Missed it. To many notifications!

@rasu20  As Gpixel mentioned add $25 or lower if you have rewards that will be applied at renewal before at renewal date. The amount of your current plan.. Sometimes the system errors and does not realize you switched to a lower plan. I know you're on auto-pay and system should charge properly but sometimes it fails. Not saying it will happen but to avoid the situation just add $25 to your account or lower if you have rewards waiting to be applied at renewal.

Example

autopay $2

Loyalty $1

Referrals $2 

Then just put $20 in your account. As system credits rewards first before payment at renewal time.

When system charges new plan of $15 all remaining money will be in your available balance for the next payment.

@rasu20 add the money.. or you will lose service when your account renews

when making a manual payment choose "other, enter the desired amount" do not choose "amount due"

rasu20

I did an automatic payment setup for my current plan. Yes, The balance is showing zero and I opted for changing the plan in next renewal ie. next week.

In this case, Should I add more money or the system will take the fund as per my payment  setup (i.e from my credit card).

Thanks

@rasu20 make sure you have "available funds" to cover the plan amount otherwise there's a good chance it will fail

amount due-01~3.jpeg

@rasu20 You'll be fine. They will stay. Be sure to select change at next renewal so new plan will start at payment date since you have already paid for your current plan until next payment date.

rasu20

Thanks for the detailed Info. Yes , I am thinking of the free add ons only which I got as part of Holiday / giveaway from Public mobile. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rasu20  depends what add-ons are you talking about?.

If it was a special add-on you got for signing up to a certain plan. Then maybe depending on the terms of that promo. If it is just a regular add-ons that you buy or the holiday gifts then no they will stay.

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.