cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change mid-cycle

mint_cheesecake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone!

I am thinking of changing my plan from the $15 to the $25/month plan. However, my $15 plan just renewed last week.  So does that mean if I change to the $25/month plan now, I will have to pay the whole $25 and will not receive a pro-rated refund of my $15 plan?  I think that is what this article was saying, but there seems to be an unfinished sentence in it:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Thanks!

Amy

8 REPLIES 8

@mint_cheesecake  Yummy your back.....what is the purpose for you wanting to change to the $25 plan? If you need more calling the $5/500min calling add on is a bargain and the minutes will stay on your account until completely used. One month or one year just whenever you deplete them...lots of people with your plan have this add on to supplement the 100 outgoing minutes. Did you need more data? For a short time you can currently purchase the 1gb data add on for only $15 and it will stay on your account until completely used. Two options to get you thru the rest of this 30 day cycle If you choose to change on your next renewal or take advantage of the add ons (especially the data add ons) to supplement the $15 plan for the next few months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TextNow: I was skeptical about using voip apps for quality as I had used voip phones before and they were bad. But with this one anyway, I was on wifi in a hotel in the states talking to a realtor and neither of us made any comment on quality.

And this is a Canadian made app to boot.

mint_cheesecake

Thanks, all!

@mint_cheesecake with PM, only your number shows up when you call people. The only way your name shows is if it's in their contacts. The same will happen with TextNow. 

gawd, that would confuse my contacts if I did that. I think if I needed to make more than 100 minutes a month, I would consider changing the plan immediately. But, that's me. 

mint_cheesecake

Thanks to all. 

Just a question re: the app to call over Wifi -- if I use that, would calls still come up on others' Caller ID with my name? So I am not calling with some weird internet #?

Thanks!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@mint_cheesecake, unless you are very rich and deep in the cash flow, I would hold off until the renewal day comes along. But, if you are needing to make the unlimited calls versus the 100 minutes a month, then yeah, they extra payout of another $25 would probably be more useful than waiting another 3 more weeks.

Or, like @gblackma suggest, downloading the app to and use your wi-fi if possible. 

So many different ways to go about this. We come to Public Mobile to save a few bucks for the long haul. Do whatever makes sense to you. All the best, stay safe and stay home!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @mint_cheesecake  you will lose your $15 and immediately have to pay $25 more. Or you can add the 500 minute $5 add on and change your plan on next renewal date, in your case 3 weeks from now. If it's a data thing, you can now add 1 gig for $15 for a limited time. For a total cost of $20, saving you $5. Both of these add ons will not expire until used up. When used up, they will simply disappear from your plan. Here's an article on buying add ons.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

If you decide to change your plan at next renewal date. Then to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.