cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change issues

emcjacks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

My 90 day plan renews today. I was trying to change to the $45 6gb plan today, but when I topped up my account to switch it automatically charged me for my old 90 day plan. I don't want to pay for both but I've been going over my data limit so need to change to a larger data plan. Can you help me switch over? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emcjacks

Thanks for the reply! How do I go about getting a mod? I ccd them on this message

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

emcjacks

Thanks for the reply! How do I go about getting a mod? I ccd them on this message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

Yesterday was my last day.  My account status was active in the morning and afternoon.  My account status changed to expired in early evening.  System may let you change plan in the morning when the account status is still acive. YMMV

That's entirely reasonable reasoning. Thanks popping. I guess someone will have to try it to firm it up. I did a little searching but without reading everything I didn't see this same situation.

Edit: Come to think of... @emcjacks: do you recall if you saw the red Plan Expired when you were trying to change your plan?

Edit again: Did a little more reading and it does look like that from Plan Expired on one can't change their plan without mods. So I guess it's a bet that emcjacks saw Plan Expired when he tried to change. But...maybe popping is right up to the notice. We'll see. What is this...a blog 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@emcjacks wrote:

Thanks, but it still has be under the 90 day plan, not the 30 day/$45 plan. I was not able to switch the plan because my plan had expired that day. I attempted to switch my plan that day but when asked for credit information it automatically charged me for the 90 day plan. 

I copied the moderators on my first post, so if they don't respond by tomorrow I'll send them another message. 

So that's learning for me. No change plan on last day. Thanks for the update.

Yesterday was my last day.  My account status was active in the morning and afternoon.  My account status changed to expired in early evening.  System may let you change plan in the morning when the account status is still acive. YMMV

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emcjacks wrote:

Thanks, but it still has be under the 90 day plan, not the 30 day/$45 plan. I was not able to switch the plan because my plan had expired that day. I attempted to switch my plan that day but when asked for credit information it automatically charged me for the 90 day plan. 

I copied the moderators on my first post, so if they don't respond by tomorrow I'll send them another message. 

So that's learning for me. No change plan on last day. Thanks for the update.

emcjacks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emcjacks wrote:

It said "Plan Expired" in red, not suspended. 

Ok. That's old news now 🙂

So did you contact the mods to see if maybe they could change it for you?

emcjacks

It said "Plan Expired" in red, not suspended. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emcjacks wrote:

@CS_Agent

My 90 day plan renews today. I was trying to change to the $45 6gb plan today, but when I topped up my account to switch it automatically charged me for my old 90 day plan. I don't want to pay for both but I've been going over my data limit so need to change to a larger data plan. Can you help me switch over? Thanks!

There might be a bit of a timing thing here. You say renews today. Is your account now in suspension? Or does it ONLY say Plan Expired in red?

If in suspension then it did what it's supposed to do.

I would suggest setting it up for future change at your next renewal and if you find you're going over data again then get a data add-on to tie you over until then.

If only expired then it's interesting (I'm still kinda new here) that doing a change plan may not work on the final day. This I'm not sure.

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@emcjacks wrote:

@CS_Agent

I think you should contact the mods right now and maybe they can do something about this.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@emcjacks wrote:

@CS_Agent

Check you self serve and if it shows you are on the $45 plan than the switch as been made. If the funds are not put in as a credit within a couple days then contact MODS and explain your issue.

If you were not able to switch your plan, let us know what is not working and we will try to help.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.