cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change didn't take effect

moshavasecurity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just before my plan expired, I thought I had upgraded from the $25 to the $40 plan. I chose to pay the amount due, and indeed was charged $40, but my plan did not change on the due date as expected. I've now used up almost all the data of the original plan. Can the additional data be credited to the account and the difference in funds deducted, as they should have been?

15 REPLIES 15

billyouellette7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It shows the plan changed but I still have old amount of data

@moshavasecurity wrote:

So now what? I need the $40 package now, not in few weeks.

@moshavasecurityYour options are do an immediate plan change and forfeit the funds that you made for your current $25 plan. Choose the plan change to take effect on your next plan renewal. Contact the moderator to see if they would change it for you (highly unlikely) but worth a try.

moshavasecurity

Actually, I didn't choose to change it immediately; I asked it to change on the renewal date.

moshavasecurity

So now what? I need the $40 package now, not in few weeks.

Again, this is a two-step system.  When you top up, it asks you for full payment, and you must go back to perform the change.  You chose immediately but didn't go back to make it happen.

moshavasecurity

It does NOT show a scheduled plan change, but clearly something registered, or it would not have charged $40 as the "amount due".

@moshavasecurity wrote:

Current screen shot:

image.png

Payment history showing $30 payment (to make $40 credit, when "amount due" was selected):
image.png

@moshavasecurity  The plan change did not occur that is why you have $40 (Top-up) - $25 (Cost of your current plan renewal) = $15 (current Account Balance) in your account funds that will be used on your next renewal. What happens when you click on plan details? Does it show a scheduled plan change on your next renewal?

moshavasecurity

Current screen shot:

image.png

Payment history showing $30 payment (to make $40 credit, when "amount due" was selected):
image.png

@moshavasecurity, it sounds like you may have started the plan change after the renewal process had begun.  Making any changes on AutoPay due date (as you claim to have done in your last post here) can mess the system up.

Renewals start to process around noon ET on the payment date, but rewards and funds don't see to matter until late in the evening.  It's like the process says to itself, I see the $25 plan at noon, so that 's the plan I'm going to set up my process to do.

If you had done an immediate plan change, I think this would have changed properly for you.

Alas, without seeing screenshots (personal info removed) of the Overview page, payment history, and possibly the plan detail page, I can't help any further.

moshavasecurity

My last renewal date was July 26, and I initiated the plan change the day before, to take place on the renewal date.

When is your renewal.  Note, it is one day after AutoPay Due date.

moshavasecurity

did select change at renewal date -- but then it didn't change at the renewal date. That's exactly the problem...the self-serve page shows the $25 plan renewed on that date instead of the $40 plan taking effect.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@moshavasecurity wrote:

Just before my plan expired, I thought I had upgraded from the $25 to the $40 plan. I chose to pay the amount due, and indeed was charged $40, but my plan did not change on the due date as expected. I've now used up almost all the data of the original plan. Can the additional data be credited to the account and the difference in funds deducted, as they should have been?

What is the plan showing on the overview page? $25? or $40?

If it shows the $40, you had changed your plan.  But you plan was not provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick if you account status is active.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it is still showing the $25 plan, you did not changed your plan.  Is there any change that you schedule the plan change at your renewal date by mistake?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons to see what data is currently available to you. If you paid the $40 but only had 1 GB of data availble, then follow suggestion from @geopublic and contact a moderator for their help. Please be patient as it could take 48 hours or so for their response...usually much less.

Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@moshavasecurity wrote:

@moshavasecurity  If that is the case best to notify the PM team directly. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.