cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change Charge Question

KuldipK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I'm currently paying $25 for a plan that I no longer want. I checked my usage history and never go over 30 minutes (and currently don't have texting service on my phone).

I'd like to know if I switched to the $10 plan 

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

Would I be charged any switch fee? or any other fees (activation, or something else), and would I need to get a new sim card or anything like that? or will my current SIM card be fine for switching over to this new plan. (I'd also like to know if I'll be charge anything outside of the $10 a month plan cost).

4 REPLIES 4

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KuldipK wrote:

Hello I'm currently paying $25 for a plan that I no longer want. I checked my usage history and never go over 30 minutes (and currently don't have texting service on my phone).

Would I be charged any switch fee? or any other fees (activation, or something else), and would I need to get a new sim card or anything like that? or will my current SIM card be fine for switching over to this new plan. (I'd also like to know if I'll be charge anything outside of the $10 a month plan cost).

What the previous posters have said is right.  The plan you're currently on is a 30 day plan, which you've already pre-paid for.  If you were to change plans effective right away, you would forfeit the remaining days left in the 30 day cycle; there is no pro-rating of fees.  You would also be charged the full amount of the new plan fee.  A new 30 day cycle would begin now as well.  That's why the previous posters have said to schedule the plan change to occur on the next renewal date - since you already paid for 30 days, you might as well use them.  Good luck.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KuldipK  go to self serve account, select the plan you want to change in your next renewal. you will not get charged when you go over the mins for that plan, you will no longer can call or receive call, but you can purchase the add on when you go over your min limits, which never get expired and can carry forward to your next cycle until it used up.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@KuldipK There are no fees for changing plans and your current SIM card will be fine. The only thing you could lose money from is if you choose to change your plan immediately you will lose the rest of the current plan you are on, it is better to have your plan change automatically on your next renewal date so you don't lose anything.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KuldipK wrote:

You can switch and you do not need a new SIM you can use your existing one. No additional charges. What you pay is what you get .You can switch online but make sure you select for the new plan to take place on your next renewal date so that you dont lose what you already paid on your existing plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.