cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan cancelation

Jennycm30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello, I need to cancel the plan that I have with public but I couldn't call to anybody, so what can I do?
7 REPLIES 7

@grkscrapper wrote:

what if your phone is lost and don't have a phone to replace it with?  

@grkscrapper, you have replied to a thread that is a year old.  You are better off to start a new thread.  But to answer your question if you have lost your phone, login to your self serve.  On the right hand side under  Profile or using the Plan and Addon tab you will see a tab that says lost or stolen phone.  You can go in there and suspend your service until you get a new phone or find yours.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

grkscrapper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what if your phone is lost and don't have a phone to replace it with?  

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @yads,

You took the words out of my mouth! That's what I was essentially going to say if I were asked when to port if one were near plan expiry.

Bravo to you!

Cheers.

yads
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's what I figured, but just wanted to make sure. I guess the tip would be for users to switch your plan renewal to a 10 day plan in order to keep your phone number, until a port is complete.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @yads,

To port a number from PM, the account must be active and in good standing, which excludes "Status: Expired" which is displayed on plan expiration.

In other words, you must port the number before the plan expires.

FYI.

yads
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Curious, when you fail to renew your plan, do you need to port your number before your plan ends or do you simply need to do it before the 91st day after your plan ends.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi,

Since your plan was prepaid, there is no cancellation involved, to be technically correct.

Just let it reach its expiry date, and then don't renew it. Remove your credit card from autopay.

On the 91st day of your account being in expired status, the account and SIM card will be permanently deactivated, and your PM number lost forever. If you plan to port the number, your account can't be in expired status. Lastly, on the above 91st day, your account will be deleted from the system.

Should you wish to use PM's services again, you will need to start over as a new customer, including ordering a SIM card.

Also, there is neither a full nor partial refund of the plan if it is the plan that you chose.

I hope that this has answered your question.

Need Help? Let's chat.