cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan availability

Janey0111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been researching public mobile on the advice of a friend who has the phone with public. I have been trying to get in contact with someone to get a Sim card at a couple different Walmart stores and London drugs last week.  I was having difficulty as no one was answering the phone and one of the stores I called was out of SIM cards. 

I went into the store to sign up as I was able to find a Walmart that had a sim card in stock Only to find that the plan that I had wanted to register for does not seem to be available any longer. They were unable to tell me if it would be available in the future. I wanted the plan with 500 MB and a bonus 500 MB unlimited text/pictures and unlimited Canadian calling.    I have seen this plan advertised for $25 and I was told it went up to 30 but now it is $35  and has quite a bit more data with it. I really don’t need the extra data. 

Is anyone able to tell me if this plan is still available or if not will it or something similar we offered in the future. Your old company was recommended by a friend who seems to be really happy with the service. I have been with my current phone company for many many years but was willing to switch with the better pricing. Can someone help with this please thank you

Is anyone able to tell me if this plan is still available or if not will it or something similar be offered in the future. Your old company was recommended by a friend who seems to be really happy with the service. I have been with my current phone company for many many years but was willing to switch with the better pricing. Can someone help with this please thank you Judy 

21 REPLIES 21

Janey0111

Thanks. Checked today. Plan back on at a better price even.   Thanks for the info all.  

@Triguy wrote:

PM is constantly adjusting plans due to competition from other providers.  You would need to keep checking as sometimes new offers become available for a limited time.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

That's right. If you would like to never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, follow the instructions at the above link.

If you appreciate these instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Janey0111 wrote:

Do you know how long it usually takes for a Moderator to get back to you? Thanks 

Moderator response time depends on their load.  It can be anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days (during really busy periods).

Janey0111

I agree. My current provider is not freedom Mobile but my child has it and for in the city it works great.  I want something that works elsewhere If I need it to which is why I wanted to switch to public which would be comparable to my current provider other than there is no number to call if there’s an issue

Janey0111

Do you know how long it usually takes for a Moderator to get back to you? Thanks 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Janey0111 wrote:

Also freedom mobile offers the same plan for $25. 

@Janey0111 Freedom Mobile generally has cheaper plans than any of the "big 3" but their network is nowhere near as mature.  If you happen to live in and only go to areas with good FM coverage, their plans may offer you great value.  They are priced as they are to try to attract people, because their network quality alone will not do so.  Comparing to FM is a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison unfortnately.  That said, I know that Shaw is continuing to increase the quantity and quality of their coverage areas, and I'm sure one day they will be more or less equivalent for many customers; but today, for most, this is not the case.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Psygineer 

This is the plan builder as of a couple of minutes ago:

Screenshot_2019-05-06 Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage.png

No auto pay bonus for 3G plans under 2GB anymore.

That's good to know! I was actually going to come back to report the opposite. Co-worker apparently signed up this weekend (not under me sadly) and asked me why did their 500 MB plan give them 1GB, were they going to get charged extra, etc. So I guess they must have just removed it. Thank you for the update!

@Psygineer 

This is the plan builder as of a couple of minutes ago:

Screenshot_2019-05-06 Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage.png

No auto pay bonus for 3G plans under 2GB anymore.

Psygineer

@geopublic wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

The 500MB $30 plan still exists, it just doesn't have a pre-built button anymore. You can find it by using the Plan Builder. You will end up with 1 GB of data if you set auto pay on. The $30 plan went temporarily on sale to $25, but it has now gone back to its regular price. PM does promos regularly, so you may just want to watch for a new one that is interesting to you. Since the competition still has $25 plans, odds are it will come back here eventually.

@Psygineer  Are you sure about the 500 MB bonus with Autopay applying to the $30 Plan builder? My understanding is that it's only 500 MB.

It should, but I can not say that I am certain. It used to apply to it, so it likely would still, but you could ask a mod as they would know better.

@Psygineer wrote:

The 500MB $30 plan still exists, it just doesn't have a pre-built button anymore. You can find it by using the Plan Builder. You will end up with 1 GB of data if you set auto pay on. The $30 plan went temporarily on sale to $25, but it has now gone back to its regular price. PM does promos regularly, so you may just want to watch for a new one that is interesting to you. Since the competition still has $25 plans, odds are it will come back here eventually.

@Psygineer  Are you sure about the 500 MB bonus with Autopay applying to the $30 Plan builder? My understanding is that it's only 500 MB.

Psygineer

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is constantly adjusting plans due to competition from other providers.  You would need to keep checking as sometimes new offers become available for a limited time.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There were  plan changes recently.  Here is a link to current plans.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans.  You can also build your own plan.

Janey0111

Also freedom mobile offers the same plan for $25. 

Janey0111

Hi. Thanks for the info. Yes my friend did give me some information about plans and I was trying to sign up for the same one that she was on.

She had told me that when she signed up the person that helped her said that quite often they do have promotions and changes in plans. She said what is  not offered today might be offered a couple weeks from now. However when I talked to the people in Walmart they told me that no that plan won’t be offered again.

That is part of the reason for my frustration. Not being able to get the information that I needed at the kiosk. 

And yes she did want the referral and I had her number to pass on when I went into sign up. Unfortunately with all the problems I had the offer had just ended a few days prior for the plan that I had wanted. I was hoping that they might be able to make an exception because of the specific circumstances.

sunflowershine

@Janey0111 I think you can wait for a bit as sometimes PM has promotion offer from time to time. Right now PM is trying to get customers from Bell, Virgin, or Lucky Mobile. They will have extra 3 GB of data when they sign up for $35 or more. 

I have the link for the plan price here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans 

You can check it out from time to time. 

You friend who refers you to PM should have some ideas about the plans available. You probably would like to get referral bonus as well when you sign up with PM. 

Janey0111

Thanks I will try that link. Yes that sounds about right about a week ago when I was trying to find a place that could actually help me and I have a Sim card or better yet what do you wanna just pick up the phone instead of just letting it ring and ring.  

I have been trying to switch over while the promotion was still valid Which is why I am finding it so frustrating.   Young people working at the kiosks That had no answers for me. The one place thought they had sim cards but couldn’t find them.   

When I went in to a Walmart, They were able to find them after a bit of searching and then advised me that the plan was no longer available.   Hence my frustration as I did try to sign up earlier while the plant was still available and did not know that it was ending.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Janey0111 wrote:

I’m not quite sure I understand this format. Are you from public mobile or are you one of the customers that answers other customers questions? If so is there a public mobile Staff member that might answer questions. With other Cellphone companies there is sometimes a couple day leeway where they may let you sign up for a plan that is just expired.  

I am finding it very frustrated as I attempted to sign up but the kiosks that seem to be around do not seem to have very knowledgable people working there. I asked several questions and my response was I don’t know.

Most participants here are fellow customers like me.

That $25 promo was a bit of a while ago now...not just a couple days. Edit: ok Apr 23.

The Public Mobile employees here are what are called moderators. They can be reached here by using the private messaging system of this site.

Janey0111

To add to my previous post, I have a friend that was with me as she wanted to sign up for one of the plans as well.  It is a shame that we both have to miss out at the company loses two customers as well. 

My current Cellphone provider has a very similar plan for the same price. The incentive for me to switch was the cheaper price

Janey0111

I’m not quite sure I understand this format. Are you from public mobile or are you one of the customers that answers other customers questions? If so is there a public mobile Staff member that might answer questions. With other Cellphone companies there is sometimes a couple day leeway where they may let you sign up for a plan that is just expired.  

I am finding it very frustrated as I attempted to sign up but the kiosks that seem to be around do not seem to have very knowledgable people working there. I asked several questions and my response was I don’t know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Janey0111 

That was a great promo but no it's no longer available.

No one can foresee the future whether and which promos will appear.

Need Help? Let's chat.