cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Upgrade

Tomi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade from 15$ plan to 25$, but there was a note saying I will loose any previous promotions if I upgrade. My current 15$ plan had a promotion of 5$ off for 8 months. Is there a chance to upgrade to 25$ plan and keep that -5$ discount for 8 months??

Thankssssss

5 REPLIES 5

@kelvarnsen wrote:

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the logic is behind losing promotions of you upgrade to a more costly plan? I kind of get it if you downgraded to a cheaper plan, but why lose it if you are spending more?

@kelvarnsen it may be as simple as programming issue. As in some cases they agreed to do it manually. I'm sure there is no effort to punish people for an upgrade. But often it runs for 3 or 6 months so pretty temporary. Not nice though

@kelvarnsen wrote:

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the logic is behind losing promotions of you upgrade to a more costly plan? I kind of get it if you downgraded to a cheaper plan, but why lose it if you are spending more?

I guess logic must not be our strong suit, because I agree with you - it doesn't make much sense to me either. 😉 

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tomi as far as I know, you will lose it of you upgrade. It said so in the fine print. May I make a suggestion. Purchase the Canda wide 500 minute $5 add on. It stays on your account and expires only when used up. You can add them as needed. You can also add a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to make calls. You can use this app to call your own PM number and check your voicemail without using minutes. See the link on how to do it here. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Checking-voicemail-on-50-50-and-15-plans-...

@Tomi wrote:

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade from 15$ plan to 25$, but there was a note saying I will loose any previous promotions if I upgrade. My current 15$ plan had a promotion of 5$ off for 8 months. Is there a chance to upgrade to 25$ plan and keep that -5$ discount for 8 months??

Thankssssss

Need Help? Let's chat.