cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Updated for more data at 4G

BDG97LX450
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was recently getting data usage warnings on my $50 for 8.5GB(3G) Plan. In order to increase available data and get 4G speeds I changed my Plan to $35 for 1.5GB(3G) +unlimited calls/texts and purchased 7 x 1GB Add-ons at 4GB.  Will my additional 7GB at 4G not be available until my next payment due date of August 8, 2020? For reference, I changed my Plan and Add-ons on July 9, 2020.  Thanks in advance for any help.

-BDG 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren 

I can only think that this choice has to do with a mistaken understanding about the data speed.  These add-ons could still end up working out for the customer, but only if the data is used over a longer period of time. However, unless it was to reserve this pricing, there really wasn't much reason that I can see to purchase this quantity of the add-on.

@computergeek541 well sure, there's the speed thing.  But then, why would you spend $105 to try to get 9GB (I think, give or take a GB) at full-speed LTE when you could just activate at one of the other 1st or 2nd tier providers and get 10 or more (sometimes with unlimited throttled overage) for $75, sometimes on sale for $65, or sometimes upgraded to 20GB full speed for $75.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren 

I can only think that this choice has to do with a mistaken understanding about the data speed.  These add-ons could still end up working out for the customer, but only if the data is used over a longer period of time. However, unless it was to reserve this pricing, there really wasn't much reason that I can see to purchase this quantity of the add-on.

srlawren

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @BDG97LX450 

I'm not sure how you got more data for 50.

You 7 gigs in add-ons would cost more than that

@kselmak by my calculation, 7 x $15 = $105, plus the $35 base plan, is $140, vs the previous $50 plan.  I'm not sure what @BDG97LX450 was thinking, to be honest.  $15/GB for add-ons vs. the $50/8.5 = $5.88/GB for plan data.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BDG97LX450 

I'm not sure how you got more data for 50.

You 7 gigs in add-ons would cost more than that

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@BDG97LX450 

I believe the only way to have 4g and phone number would be to take 15 plan without autopay and use add-ons

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BDG97LX450  the add-ons should appear immediately. Dial 611 from your device or check the landing page via selfserve.

As for the add-on data speed it will always default to the speed of your current plan.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@BDG97LX450 

unfortunately there are no 4G speeds anymore. The add on has a disclaimer that says 4G Lte speeds are available to plans with no data. But all plans have data. So the only plans that will receive the Full 4G LTE speeds are old plans like the 10.00 plan that has no data. 

I was trying to figure out your thought process on this and was struggling. 

You had a 8.5G plan, but were running out of minutes. So you changed to the 35.00plan to get 2G, then bought a bunch of add on's.

You could have remained with your current plan and just purchased the add on's it would have only saved you 5.00 but you still would have save 5.00 And you also do not get a refund for the amount of your last plan you didnt use. 

edit: if they new plan has not activated for the 35.00 go over and cancel it. 

As for the add ons it is a two step process. First add the funds then go purchase the add on. You would be better off purchasing the 50.00 plan immediatley TBH. 

Sorry for the long reply. 

Naepalm

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BDG97LX450 the addons should have neen available within 5 minutes of adding them. Log into your self service account. You should either be able to see them on your overview page,  or the $105  should be sitting in your self service account. Its a 2 step process add the funds and then buy the addons. Stay safe. Here's where and how to do it. 20200417_204130.jpg

Stay safe. 

popping

@BDG97LX450 wrote:

I was recently getting data usage warnings on my $50 for 8.5GB(3G) Plan. In order to increase available data and get 4G speeds I changed my Plan to $35 for 1.5GB(3G) +unlimited calls/texts and purchased 7 x 1GB Add-ons at 4GB.  Will my additional 7GB at 4G not be available until my next payment due date of August 8, 2020? For reference, I changed my Plan and Add-ons on July 9, 2020.  Thanks in advance for any help.

-BDG 

Since you have a 3G plan, your data add-on is still at 3G speed, not 4G LTE speed. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BDG97LX450 unfortunately you cannot recieve 4g speeds unless you choose the 1gb data only plan. a better cost effective solution would've of been to just message Moderators and renew your plan. 

for the add-ons they can be used right away, I think you completed the first step, but not the second step actually apply the addons

Need Help? Let's chat.