cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Switch back to Canada-wide plans

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For anyone who have signed up for the $15 province-wide plan, it is now discontinued again. To switch to the better Canada-wide calling $15 plan that was originally there, it seems like the only way to switch WITHOUT being charged again is to switch at the next renewal date. Does anyone know any other way to switch without being charged? Should I contact a moderator instead?

7 REPLIES 7

Dia1

That's great information never heard of it.That means fongo is a good app . It's really money saving even it's only for $ 5 or $10.It gradually adds up. 

s_shard

There are 2 options to switch plans.  First, you can switch as soon as your current month is over, there is an option to automatically switch at the end of the month.  You'll have to wait until the month is over to switch plans though.  Second, you can switch plans immediately, but you'll be charged for your new plan and lose whatever is left of the month with the old plan.

You'll see the option at the bottom of the "Change My Base Plan" page.

s_shard_0-1618068786441.png

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@yiruiruan 

Another thing you could do is just switch at the renewal and in the meantime use your unlined incoming combined with free Fongo call transfer to get unlimited Canada wide calling.

Install Fongo app and get free Canadian number.

Using app call your Publicmobile cell and answer the call.

Back in the Fongo app click transfer and enter destination number.

Fongo disconnects and only Publicmobile and destination number are in call.

Destination number will not see your Fongo but your Publicmobile number calling them.

It looks more complicated then it really is, it's just like 2way calling the only difference is that only 2 lines stay connected

moonmack

Oh good, they brought back the Canada wide calling $15 plan.  It looks like I can recommend public mobile again.

PM should auto "upgrade" all Provincial calling plan "victims" back to Canada wide calling.  Afterall, it's their "flip flop" decision casing the issue.   It's also easier for PM to keep track of everyone, or at least most of their clients, in the same Canada-wide calling system.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@yiruiruan wrote:

For anyone who have signed up for the $15 province-wide plan, it is now discontinued again. To switch to the better Canada-wide calling $15 plan that was originally there, it seems like the only way to switch WITHOUT being charged again is to switch at the next renewal date. Does anyone know any other way to switch without being charged? Should I contact a moderator instead?

@yiruiruan Good on you for being so "In the Know" so soon in the game!

I suspect many people will not be as alert as you. And those poor Provincial Wide only plans may continue to buy $5 addons for Canada Wide calling or not know to benefit to change their plans.

Perhaps PM will send some notifications to these 'newer' Provincial plan customers....ah, i doubt it.

For sure, schedule a Change of Plan on your Next Renewal and you will be back to Canada - Wide! 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yiruiruan : There is no other way. What you're seeing is the standard normal way of things here. There's no prorating/refunds when you do an immediate plan change or have the moderators change it immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.