cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired - Due to Insufficient Funds on Auto Pay

SDalman9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Due to having not enough Funds in my account when my bill was due, my account was suspended, I just made a payment to reactivate my account .. but now it says my plan is "Expired" ... What does this mean? 

I currently am still able to make phone calls, text messages and use data... But what happens to the plan I had? Is it gone? 

6 REPLIES 6

lorca01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Dodex27 wrote:

I have similar issue however my account is actually suspended. I have never had this issue before. And I am on auto pay. I don't  know what seems to be the problem. I can't  seem to use my service as of today.

Sometimes adding one dollar manually to your account and restarting your phone solves the problem.

Dodex27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have similar issue however my account is actually suspended. I have never had this issue before. And I am on auto pay. I don't  know what seems to be the problem. I can't  seem to use my service as of today.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@SDalman9 wrote:

Due to having not enough Funds in my account when my bill was due, my account was suspended, I just made a payment to reactivate my account .. but now it says my plan is "Expired" ... What does this mean? 

I currently am still able to make phone calls, text messages and use data... But what happens to the plan I had? Is it gone? 

@SDalman9 Your plan is not gone.

As others mention, if your phone is working, you should not go on your account during the renewal process.

Wait for the renewal process to complete, it usually ends by 2 PM EST.

Then you can check your account. If you're not certain if there's a problem, you can write again here. Since you actually applied a manual payment, you might have stalled the renewal process or lost the manual payment.

To fix account related issues, you have to contact Moderators.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SDalman9  If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SDalman9, don't touch anything.  If the service is still working, ignore what the self serve is showing during renewal time.  Everything will sort itself out automatically.  This is one of the quirks of the self serve during renewal.  The process takes so long that customers can see the step by step transitions. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SDalman9  If your services are still working you don't have anything to worry about. During a renewal before your new cycle you will get the "plan expired" and "plan suspended" warnings this is normal.

Need Help? Let's chat.