cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Downgrade

Haseeb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hii, I recently moved to PM from Fido. I started with $50 plan and later chose the option to downgrade to $40 from the next billing cycle, since it wasn't prorating the amount. The billing date and the amount is shown below,

1.JPG2.JPG

I am on Auto-pay, so I was wondering if PM will charge me $50 on Oct 25 since it is mentioned that "Pay your amount by 11:59PM on this day" whereas the future plan date is Oct 26 as shown above.

Thank you 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

@popping wrote:

@Haseeb 

There was a bug that for changing to a lower valuse plan and failed to renew.  This the reason why.  Autopay will take enough fund less reward from autopay.  But the renewal system still insist on using your old plan cost to renew.  Therefore, there is not enough fund in your account to pay and failed.  Correct me if this is fixed.

I would manually add fund enough to pay for the $50 plan.  You will have $10 available fund after renewal instead of failed to renew. 

@popping   Having future dated a change of plan from $25 to $10 recently, I can confirm that autopay had no issues and that both the change of plan and right amount of payment was taken on renewal. 

I know some people report having problems when they elected to change to a cheaper plan, but it seems to me that it affects only a small number of users just as the autopay seems to fail some customers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Haseeb 

There was a bug that for changing to a lower valuse plan and failed to renew.  This the reason why.  Autopay will take enough fund less reward from autopay.  But the renewal system still insist on using your old plan cost to renew.  Therefore, there is not enough fund in your account to pay and failed.  Correct me if this is fixed.

I would manually add fund enough to pay for the $50 plan.  You will have $10 available fund after renewal instead of failed to renew. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

PM will only charge you what your new plan costs are ($40 + tax)...less any reward you may be eligible for.

You won't be charged twice.

Need Help? Let's chat.