cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Data

soezone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It looks like all of the plans are with 3g data. Are there any plans with 4G LTE data as well? or is this upgraded a different way?

9 REPLIES 9

Hopefully one day, Public Mobile will make this very clear for potential new customers.

Here at Public Mobile, ALL plans are delivered via the 4G/LTE network.  Even the 3G speed plans, which are simply throttled 4G to speeds somewhat similar to 3G network speeds at 3Mbps.

You can choose to use the plan as designed or flip your phone to the 3G network to force the 3G full network speeds, but lose access to the 4G latency.

Unthrottled 4G plans, other than the currently available 1GB Data Only plan are no longer available, but all those with current 4G plans can keep their plans for as long as they wish to continue on them.

@Alan_K, please stop confusing your future customers.  This is ridiculous.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

@soezone wrote:

It looks like all of the plans are with 3g data. Are there any plans with 4G LTE data as well? or is this upgraded a different way?

Just one plan that offers 1GB 4g for $30, but it's a data only plan.  I guess you could add Canada wide minutes to it.  I don't see anything in the details that would restrict the add-on, unless I'm missing something.

Unfortunately, you can only add a talk add-on (eg $5 for 500Cdn mins) to a plan that already has some talk in its base plan. So you cannot add this talk add-on to the $30 data only 4G plan.

@torontokris wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@soezone wrote:

Just one plan that offers 1GB 4g for $30, but it's a data only plan.  I guess you could add Canada wide minutes to it.  I don't see anything in the details that would restrict the add-on, unless I'm missing something.

Is there an unlimited Canada wide minutes though? Only the 500min $5 (which would roll over if not used so great for a light talker). No text as well.

Yes no add-on for texting unfortunately.  I wouldn't say 500 minutes is for a light talker though. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dabr wrote:

@soezone wrote:

Is there an unlimited Canada wide minutes though? Only the 500min $5 (which would roll over if not used so great for a light talker). No text as well.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@soezone wrote:

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The only data at 4G is the $30 add-on for 1GB.

soezone

Okay, I've seen some things online saying the data is all 4G LTE, but then the plans page says it's all 3G so i really just wasn't sure. I have an older 4G plan and I want to upgrade to more data, just not if it's only 3G.

For example, it says all data is 4G LTE here.

https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Carriers/Public-Mobile/Personal/Public-Mobile-Featured-Plan?con...

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The 4G plans were recently removed from PM. There has been some indications that all the plans are not set in stone as of yet, but nothing on 4g has been indicated as of now. PM's 3g is actually throttled LTE at 3Mb and is quite reliable for anyone not doing HQ video and the like.

rc_7

Following this post.   I have the same question since the Create Your Own Plan thing is gone....   I miss the old PM website.   This is slower than Netscape and 56k

Need Help? Let's chat.