cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Changes

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I ever decide to change my plan, do I need to do it on a certain date or can I do it mid cycle?

12 REPLIES 12

It is recommended to change your plan on next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/ data or texts.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lilkoje wrote:

hey, does this mean that if I change my plan mid-cycle, that my next renewal date will change based on when I changed the plan (30days after the change)? Or will the payment continue on the same schedule?

The renewal date will change. Remember it's a prepaid service; so there's no proration within a specific billing period. 

lilkoje
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey, does this mean that if I change my plan mid-cycle, that my next renewal date will change based on when I changed the plan (30days after the change)? Or will the payment continue on the same schedule?

@ljdemont wrote:

My spouse has a flip phone, no need for data. Does PM offer talk + text only plans?

@ljdemont  Unless your wife is a huge talker the $15 plan is best and just add the $5/500min add on to supplement the 100 outgoing minutes. It will roll over until used up so will only add a dollar or two to each month rather than bumping up to the $25 with data she won't use. The $15 comes with 250mb w/autopay so in a pinch she can use it on the teeny tiny screen of a flip phone. I have one as a back up and the Google screen is really cute but I've never actually accessed it but you could listen to a music app if you wanted to.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@ljdemont wrote:

My spouse has a flip phone, no need for data. Does PM offer talk + text only plans?

PM no longer allows for customized plans which met these type of needs.

However the ready-made plans usually offer better value.

Even though ready-made plans may include data, not everyone needs to use it.

The $15 plan gives unlimited texting, unlimiting incoming calls and 100 minutes of outgoing calls.

The $25 plan gives unlimited texting and unlimited calling.

The $15 plan has limited outbound calling (100minutes). If you opted for this plan, then needed more calling minutes...there's always the $5 for 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on to augment that plan. If there's any add-on minutes left at renewal, those minutes will roll over until you use them up...even if it takes a few months. It's a great suppliment for a limited calling plan such as you're considering.

@kerago wrote:

25$ plan is the best unless she doesn't make many outgoing calls, than the 15$ plan makes more sense for you. It does have a little bit of data but you don't have to use it...

$15, $25, and $40 plans are most popular. $35 plan isn't worth it and not everyone needs 8.5GB.

kerago

25$ plan is the best unless she doesn't make many outgoing calls, than the 15$ plan makes more sense for you. It does have a little bit of data but you don't have to use it...

@ljdemont wrote:

PM no longer allows for customized plans which met these type of needs.

However the ready-made plans usually offer better value.

Even though ready-made plans may include data, not everyone needs to use it.

The $15 plan gives unlimited texting, unlimiting incoming calls and 100 minutes of outgoing calls.

The $25 plan gives unlimited texting and unlimited calling.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you change plan immediately, you won’t get a credit for unused days, you will pay full amount of new plan but new plan will renew in 30 days. Unused days are lost.

Cheaper to program change on next renewal if you can wait.

@ljdemont wrote:

All current plans have some data. You can turn it off in the phone settings.

ljdemont

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemont wrote:

If I ever decide to change my plan, do I need to do it on a certain date or can I do it mid cycle?

The choices are immediate or at next renewal. You can't schedule other dates.

Need Help? Let's chat.