cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change

YOJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have the $40 plan with 5GB/month + extra 1GB/month from the Holiday promo in Dec 2019. 

Due to COVID-19, I do not leave the house (where I have wifi) except for the occasional grocery run, and would like to change my plan to the $25 option to save some money. Will this change affect the extra 1 GB/month that I got from the Holiday promo?

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@YOJ wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying.

I just want to make sure I fully understand. 

By "pay immediately for your new plan and lose remaining features of your current plan", do you mean that I will then be paying twice (once for $45, another for $25), and not receiving a refund for the $45 plan?

PM is a prepaid service.  Therefore, there is no refund for the unused days of your current billing cycle.  This is the reason why to schedule the plan change for next renewal date.  With this in mind, when your decide to switch back to a plan with more data, you may need to wait some time before switching at your next renewal date.  You can use the saving to purchase $15/1GB addon as backup data to allow you to wait for a few days until your next renewal date.  The 1GB data addon is normally costed $30.

Someone in another topic tried to change on their renewal date but of course their renewal happened early in the morning so they missed it by a few hours. Do the change ahead of time choosing the "change at next renewal" option rather than "Change right Now". That way (almost) nothing can go wrong and you won't lose any of your existing 30 day plan.

AE_Collector

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@YOJ wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying.

By "pay immediately for your new plan and lose remaining features of your current plan", do you mean that I will then be paying twice (once for $45, another for $25), and not receiving a refund for the $45 plan?

Unfortunately yes, so choose the other option 🙂

Yes you will lose what you already paid and be charged immediately for the new plan. @YOJ here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Stay safe. 

YOJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@YOJ hi no it will not effect the holiday promo make sure you change plan on renewal date  so as not to lose the rest of this cycle

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@YOJ wrote:

I currently have the $40 plan with 5GB/month + extra 1GB/month from the Holiday promo in Dec 2019. 

Due to COVID-19, I do not leave the house (where I have wifi) except for the occasional grocery run, and would like to change my plan to the $25 option to save some money. Will this change affect the extra 1 GB/month that I got from the Holiday promo?

No it won't affect the gifted data or minutes.  Make sure to select Change at next renewal when you go about making the plan change, otherwise you will pay immediately for you new plan and lose remaining features of your current plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YOJ wrote:

No.

If you like your money then be sure to change it at your next renewal. There are no refunds or pro-rating here.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

No, plan change will not affect promo. Make sure you choose change on next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.