cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change??

jamie_wil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey all, ive been wondering about changing to new plan.

Ive been on the same plan for 2 years or so. all it says is;

• This plan includes: -       90 day plan $135 (45/mo)
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

and then under add ons;

1GB Add-on
200 min US and Canada Long Distance

Questions are.

are those add ons bonus i get every cycle? would these add ons be removed if i switched to new plan?

seeing new plans with 3G or LTE. what is my current plan data speed? im kinda assuming LTE?

Should i consider switching to new promo plan? likely the $40 4.5GB + bonus

why is it only in the 30day format? pros/cons of this?

$5 cheaper than my existing, but over twice the data, but at a reduced speed (if im currently LTE) 

thanks for your time

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey @jamie_wil

To answer your question, our plans are subject to change at any point in time.

We do not have communicated end dates, so they could be here one day and gone tomorrow, but of course, where there's a will, there's a way!

If you future date the plan change, you will still be able to benefit from one of our new plans, even if it expires by your renewal date, so that is certainly an option for you 🙂

Hopefully this helps with your decision!

Cheers,

Ashley

Seems the wait times have reduced with the recent forum participation of moderators. Nice to see. Keep it up. I would be only too happy to not feel inclined to offer my opinion on wait times.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @jamie_wil

To answer your question, our plans are subject to change at any point in time.

We do not have communicated end dates, so they could be here one day and gone tomorrow, but of course, where there's a will, there's a way!

If you future date the plan change, you will still be able to benefit from one of our new plans, even if it expires by your renewal date, so that is certainly an option for you 🙂

Hopefully this helps with your decision!

Cheers,

Ashley

jamie_wil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks for the answers @Someone_here and @Anonymous. 

some good points about the 30-90 day plans. 

now does PM release timelines on how long current promos run for? wondering as i would let my existing 90 day plan run its course into february, and then sign up for new 30 day plan, but if I knew the promos were done say end of January, I would do it sooner. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Someone_here wrote:

Yes, all plans that had data before the introduction of 3G data (on July 13, 2017: "If you’re already a customer (joined prior to the 3G launch), this change will not affect your current plan") are on LTE. Screenshot example here.

EDIT: @Anonymous, I think you might be wrong on this one? 

Y'see...life is grand. Y'learn something everyday. I didn't know about a cross-over time. Before my time.

Thanks

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

@jamie_wil wrote:

are those add ons bonus i get every cycle? would these add ons be removed if i switched to new plan?

No and no!

You probably bought them sometime ago? They never expire, and they won't go away if you change plan.

@jamie_wil wrote:

seeing new plans with 3G or LTE. what is my current plan data speed? im kinda assuming LTE? 

Yes, all plans that had data before the introduction of 3G data (on July 13, 2017: "If you’re already a customer (joined prior to the 3G launch), this change will not affect your current plan") are on LTE. Screenshot example here.

EDIT: @Anonymous, I think you might be wrong on this one? 

@jamie_wil wrote:

$5 cheaper than my existing, but over twice the data, but at a reduced speed (if im currently LTE) 

• I wouldn't care much about reduced speed, except if you watch a lot of video.
  • 30 day vs 90 days:
    • you can't spread out your data usage over 90 days (say, using a little the first 2 months and a lot in the 3rd month), but if you don't use that much data anyways, not a big problem.
    • If you have refer-a-friend rewards, you might get a little more rewards with the 90-day plans (when your plan renew, you get the rewards for all three following months, even if your friend leaves PM the next day); not agame changer however 😉

EDIT: @Anonymous beat me by a minute Cat LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamie_wil wrote:

hey all, ive been wondering about changing to new plan.

Ive been on the same plan for 2 years or so. all it says is;

• This plan includes: -       90 day plan $135 (45/mo)
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

and then under add ons;

1GB Add-on
200 min US and Canada Long Distance

Questions are.

thanks for your time

1. No

2. No

3. If it doesn't say LTE then it's the throttled 4G down to 3mbps (so-called 3G) see Someone_here's post below

4. Your decision.

5. The 90 day plans can apparently get confusing for people so Public Mobile has steered more towards getting people onto standard 30 day plans.

6. I like 30 days. It's a reasonably standard window of service. Some like the big bucket of data to consume of 90 days. It averages the same but not constrained to just the 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.