cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture texting

Lopes_19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I originally had a rate plan for just calling and have recently change to the $ 25 call and text plan but I can’t send or receive pictures and I’m not sure who to contact to correct issue.  Can someone please steer me in the right direction.  Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

@NDesai wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@computergeek541@GreatCanadian@CS_AgentThis is why we need a downvote button. 3 downvote with no upvotes (or 2 upvotes and 5 downvotes) and the post gets hidden behind a spoiler like drop down menu that says "Too many downvotes, click here to view post" This is common in other forums why do we not have this here!

If bravos have nothing to do with the community rewards, i would consider it.

@NDesaiI agree this should have nothing to do with rewards, its about people posting inaccurate, outdated, not helpful, no longer relevant or sometimes even negative advice to customers. Even something as simple as me coming in and side tracking with offtopic. If enough people agree it does not belong, it should be downvoted to where its hidden due to too many negative reviews, or downvotes, or flagged as "not helpful", or "off topic" or any way you want to call it. So a person has to manually choose to see it just like the "spoiler" function already here.

@RobertQc wrote:

@computergeek541@GreatCanadian@CS_AgentThis is why we need a downvote button. 3 downvote with no upvotes (or 2 upvotes and 5 downvotes) and the post gets hidden behind a spoiler like drop down menu that says "Too many downvotes, click here to view post" This is common in other forums why do we not have this here!

If bravos have nothing to do with the community rewards, i would consider it.

Thanks to let us know the solution @Lopes_19...welcome with public mobile!!!

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome! Great job everyone. That's how the community is supposed to work!! No mods necessary ! 

GC 

@Lopes_19 wrote:

Thanks for all the help everyone. I just had to turn on my data.  Thanks again

@Lopes_19Thanks for letting us know.

Lopes_19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the help everyone. I just had to turn on my data.  Thanks again

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Just a reminder, you will not be able to use data (only wi-fi) if it's not in your plan so you don't have to worry about being charged for using it, there are no overage/usage charges with PM.

After the change of APN settings you will need to restart your phone... @Lopes_19

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@Anonymous for months now I have been reading your copy and paste spiel of "contact the moderators".  You may as well have it as your signature. Granted  in some instances it is appropriate, but most often it's unnecessary, and clogs up the moderator que. The community is here to lighten the load on the mods, not unnecessarily add to it.

GC 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

customer support teams (Moderators)>> Click here 

As for contacting the moderators, this is premature, because as it's not impossible for the issue to be on Public Mobile's end, the user needs to first make sure that the phone is set up for MMS usage.

In addition, the instructions that you have provided for contacting the moderators is no longer valid.  Customers are not supposed to included account verification information in the message.  That is now done separately.

@Anonymous wrote:

if your PLAN $25
30-days
UNLIMITED Talk Province-wide²
UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging
VOICEMAIL & Call Display
yes you can send and or receive pictures with the Plan $25

or you need send a private message To

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

Since this person only has just recently changed the plan, please realize that the only plans currently available for the $25 price point all have text and MMS included (plus either province wide or Canada-wide calling). 

As for contacting the moderators, this is premature, and although it's not impossible for the issue to be on Public Mobile's end, the user needs to first make sure that the phone is set up for MMS usage.

In addition, the instructions that you have provided for contacting the moderators is no longer valid.  Customers are not supposed to included account verification information in the message.  That is now done separately.

GreatCanadian

@Anonymous for months now I have been reading your copy and paste spiel of "contact the moderators".  You may as well have it as your signature. Granted  in some instances it is appropriate, but most often it's unnecessary, and clogs up the moderator queue. The community is here to lighten the load on the mods, not unnecessarily add to it.

GC 

APN:

sp.mb.com

MMSC:

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy:

MMS port:

APN type:

mms

Alternatively, some phones have these settings which should also work:

sp.mb.com

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

mms

GreatCanadian

No, you don't have to contact the moderators... YET .... first of all, do you have cellular data enabled?

GC 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I send my first picture this week with MMS...and I have succedeed with my wifi off first... @Lopes_19 and my data on...if it helps...

Anonymous
Not applicable

if your PLAN $25
30-days
UNLIMITED Talk Province-wide²
UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging
VOICEMAIL & Call Display
yes you can send and or receive pictures with the Plan $25

or you need send a private message To

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

@Lieux wrote:

If I understand you ...you are not able to do MMS but before you can??? @Lopes_19

original messages said that person only had a voice plan before

@Lopes_19 wrote:

I originally had a rate plan for just calling and have recently change to the $ 25 call and text plan but I can’t send or receive pictures and I’m not sure who to contact to correct issue.  Can someone please steer me in the right direction.  Thanks

Not being able to receive MMS messages is almost certainly a device configuration issue.  Make sure that data is enabled on your device and that your access point settings are correct.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

If I understand you ...you are not able to do MMS??? @Lopes_19

Need Help? Let's chat.