cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture message text

Trooper666
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A buddy just tried sending me a pic phone said unable to download. Does the 35$ a month plan not include picture messaging?

7 REPLIES 7

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM has MMS and it is part of your package. I picked PM since they have MMS and it is not the case with their close competitors. Any way, it is important you have the correct settings in your phone to receive and the sender has correct  settings to send MMS. Make sure sender has MMS part there package. Good luck!

@kelvinKK wrote:

Make sure you have data can be use on your plan. Otherwise, you need to pay for every SMS with photo download fee.

@kelvinKK, where are you getting this from?  If you are the source of this info please do more research before posting if you got this from somewhere please point us in that direction so we can correct that source as well.

Edited to add I see @computergeek541  had posted already lol should have read all the way through but that post made me stop to respond right away

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Trooper666 Does your friend use PM too? Your friend has to turn on data or wifi in order to send MMS. 

MMS does not send over Wi-Fi.

@kelvinKK wrote:

Make sure you have data can be use on your plan. Otherwise, you need to pay for every SMS with photo download fee.

There is no such thing as a "photo download fee".  In addition, MMS data usage doesn't count against your plan's included data, nor do you even need a data plan.  As for paying for every SMS, Public Mobile doesn't even have a set pay-per-use fee for that, nor anything else for that matter.

kelvinKK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Trooper666 Does your friend use PM too? Your friend has to turn on data or wifi in order to send MMS. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Trooper666 

Is your data turned on?  Data needs to be turned on for MMS messaging to work

Does your data work?  If your data works, then your APN settings should be working properly.

EDIT:  All PM plans with international text includes picture messaging (ie. MMS messaging)

Need Help? Let's chat.