cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bulldog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Picking talk and text only

Thanks for your input.  Issue resolved staying with the 1GB package as it will just shut off data when limit reached.  No overage or surprised billing I am told by Moderator.  Very impressed with Public Mobile so far! 

Bulldog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your input. Issue resolved staying with the 1GB package as it will just shut off data when limit reached.  No overage or surprised billing I am told by Moderator.  Very impressed with Public Mobile so far! 

mimmo
Oracle

@dickwong  why would you suggest to contact mods.  there is nothing they can do.  the plans are the plans.

@Bulldogas @z10user4  infered the $10 (50 minutes + 50 sms) and $15 (unlimited incoming calls and unlimited sms +100 outgoing minutes) with the addition of the $5/500 minute canada addon are great values.  it depends on how much you use the phone.  

I transfered my dad to the $10 plan (he doenst sms) and added 2 500 mintute addons.  he doens't know the diference between the unlimited talk.  I just need to check teh addon usage and but minutes as needed.

@Bulldog wrote:

Thanks for your input. Issue resolved staying with the 1GB package as it will just shut off data when limit reached.  No overage or surprised billing I am told by Moderator.  Very impressed with Public Mobile so far! 

For unlimited talk and text, there would be little reason to select only those two options. Even if the build your own plan tool were still available, the $25 Ready-made plan is the least expensive way to get those features.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It has been hinted that other plans may become available with the removal of the build your own plan. Maybe a $20 unlimited talk and text would be a popular choice?

Braziller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the 25$ talk and text plan.  It says unlimited talk CANADA. That’s clear.  The text is unlimited international.  Does that mean text in Canada is not included?

@Braziller wrote:

On the 25$ talk and text plan.  It says unlimited talk CANADA. That’s clear.  The text is unlimited international.  Does that mean text in Canada is not included?

I know that the the advertising says "international". It's really global texting while you are in Canada, meaning that texting within Canada is incldued.

AdamJay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

One benefit of having a talk and text only plan is that you can receive 4G/LTE download/upload speeds if you opt for a data add-on instead of the 3G data built into every plan. And since any unused add-on data is carried over every billing cycle, you may find this a better value than the preset plans as your data accumulates. Unfortunately, the talk and text only plans have been removed so it's unclear how one could take advantage of this now...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@AdamJay wrote:

One benefit of having a talk and text only plan is that you can receive 4G/LTE download/upload speeds if you opt for a data add-on instead of the 3G data built into every plan. And since any unused add-on data is carried over every billing cycle, you may find this a better value than the preset plans as your data accumulates. Unfortunately, the talk and text only plans have been removed so it's unclear how one could take advantage of this now...

Yes, options in the BYO or $10 plan allowed this to happen. Maybe someone would "sell" their unused $10 plan.

@AdamJay wrote:

Presently, the only way would be to take over one of these plans for someone who no longer needs it.  As for the $10 plan being purchased from someone, that only works if the person doesn't need a larger amount of talk time or text messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.