cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number switch

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I ask public mobile for a new number will my plan still stay the same . I am an old freedom customer and I switched from freedom to get the 4 GB LTE plan for 40 a month last year . 

6 REPLIES 6

@guinness22 wrote:

Even if I ported my number from Freedom last year they will allow me to keep the plan under a new number.  My phone number is getting lots of odd calls lately so I want new number .

@guinness22I don't see how this answers your question and have unmarked it as the solution.  Other members have provided you with good sound advice.  It is frowned upon to mark your post to your own question as the solution unless you found the answer without the advice or help of the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@guinness22 wrote:

Even if I ported my number from Freedom last year they will allow me to keep the plan under a new number.  My phone number is getting lots of odd calls lately so I want new number .

Yes, your plan is associated with your account number and not your phone number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@guinness22 wrote:

If I ask public mobile for a new number will my plan still stay the same . I am an old freedom customer and I switched from freedom to get the 4 GB LTE plan for 40 a month last year . 

Yes it will stay the same.  You can log in to your self serve and go to change number.  Now the selection for a new number might not be all that great but no worries your plan won't change until you pick a new plan.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As long as you don't close your account, your plan is the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.