cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call and text not working on a new activation

RayLea2608
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I got a new SIM card activated for my phone with public mobile on 3 days ago and I still cannot text or call. I am wondering if it's because my account information shows my next billing date as Dec 30, 1969, but I can't find a way to change it.

I tried making another payment  to reset the cycle but now it only shows that I have twice my monthly plan as a balance, with no balance owing, and I still do not have any service.

I already sent 3 messages to the moderators with no answer.

Can you please help (3 days paid with no service!!!)?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eliphone 

do you activate new number or you did Transferring your old number to public mobile,

if so do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

maybe you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

or you can try to do troubleshoot your device,

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

eliphone

I have the same problem, but I active my line Dec 8th. and no receive txt. 

RayLea2608

Hello

I got feedback from Moderator_Team and they resolved it from their end.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RayLea2608 wrote:

Hello,

I got a new SIM card activated for my phone with public mobile on 3 days ago and I still cannot text or call. I am wondering if it's because my account information shows my next billing date as Dec 30, 1969, but I can't find a way to change it.

I tried making another payment  to reset the cycle but now it only shows that I have twice my monthly plan as a balance, with no balance owing, and I still do not have any service.

I already sent 3 messages to the moderators with no answer.

Can you please help (3 days paid with no service!!!)?

That does sound like a strange date for billing.  If the suggestions haven't worked, maybe try SIMon bottom right of your screen (bubble with a question mark).  He should be able to help you fill out a form to submit to Moderator_Team and you should get a faster response in return.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account - what is the status ?

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.