cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Stops Working Day Before Autopay

erinnkec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there... not sure if this is the correct location for this post, if not, my apologies.

I've noticed over the last 2-3 months that I either struggle to send, or can no longer send iMessages, or snapchats, instagram, etc the day before my autopayment is supposed to come out. I had read something about this being an issue if there are 31 vs 30 days in a month, but I'm not sure I fully understood. 

Last month specifically when I went into my account it said that it had been suspended the day before the autopay came out. It did have a message stating that if I was on autopay, not to worry - however, the issue was that I basically was sitting with a very expensive brick rather than an iPhone. I could not send or recieve anything. I ended up adding funds to the account and using the 'my phone is lost' feature then telling it that my phone was found just so I could get my service back up.

Is this something that is ALWAYS going to happen? I am saving a lot of money by using Public mobile, and I am thankful for that. But I need to know if this is something I need to prepare for - that my phone will basically be useless for a chunk of time every month. Or is there something in the works to fix this, or something I can do to negate the inconvenience. 

Any tips would be appreciated. I do not currently have the suspension notification however, I've been waiting for a one word imessage to go through for the last 8 minutes, and was unable to receive snapchats. I am NOWHERE near my data limit for the month.

• Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): May 9, 2019
  • "Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start."
  • Using iPhone 8+
  • 1710.772  /  6144 MB used.
2 REPLIES 2

erinnkec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Interesting, because last month it went out the day before the autopay was to be drawn. Which... doesn't make sense, really. It says that it is active, and hadn't previously had a problem with it not withdrawing. It's just given me outage time a few times now.

I guess I'll sit on it and see if it goes out again later today (seems to be working now) or tomorrow morning, then message the mods. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@erinnkec, if you follow your online account closely on the early morning of renewal, it transitions to suspended state and then active as funds are drawn to pay for the renewal.  These states are not real and only represent a temporary transition during the payment process.  It is quite deceptive.  In any event, all this should be transparent to you as actual service should not be disrupted during the renewal process.  It would seem that the auto pay on your account is not working for some reason.  I suggest getting the moderator team to look into why auto pay is failing.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.