cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Transfer Not Working

janiezhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I recently bought a bought and activated a Public Mobile SIM card. During the activation process, I filled out the phone number transfer details from my previous provider (Eastlink) and it completed successfully. Still, I recieved a text message when using the SIM card that I need to fill out a form or something (seems to be an outdated error message when your number does not transfer correctly), and I cannot recieve calls/send texts from the number wanted. 

Thanks for reading, if anyone could help me out that would be great.

5 REPLIES 5

janiezhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys thanks for all the help! My last phone number was my cellphone. I've messaged the Moderator_Team privately with the details, let's hope they can sort this out.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@janiezhangIs your Eastlink # a mobile one or a landline? If it is a landline it will take a few days for the port to go through.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@janiezhang wrote:

Hi all,

I recently bought a bought and activated a Public Mobile SIM card. During the activation process, I filled out the phone number transfer details from my previous provider (Eastlink) and it completed successfully. Still, I recieved a text message when using the SIM card that I need to fill out a form or something (seems to be an outdated error message when your number does not transfer correctly), and I cannot recieve calls/send texts from the number wanted. 

Thanks for reading, if anyone could help me out that would be great.

@janiezhang That message means that the port could not be submitted due to incomplete/incorrect info. You need to message the moderator team with the requested info.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

How recently did you signup and port your Eastlink number?

And you could try calling Eastlink to see if they had a port request on your account. I had one that took 48 hours and after 24 hours I called TELUS (not Eastlink) and they still did not have the port request. The moderators got involved in my case.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@janiezhang contact the moderator wih the info they are asking you have a stuck port link 

Need Help? Let's chat.