cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls Not Working (Texting Works)

DelvonD4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have changed my plan on self serve and after I have already topped up my account it is telling me that I do not have a "Long distance" add on that allows me to make calls. I am making local calls and it is still telling me this message.

I have restarted my phone and the issue still percists. Can someone please look into it for me as I need access to my phone to make calls ASAP.

Thanks,

17 REPLIES 17

@Tearrahudsonxo are you on the 10 or 15 dollar plan? did you run out of minutes?

@Tearrahudsonxo Is it a sudden issue or is this a new phone? What phone do you have? Make sure it supports the 3G bands of Public Mobile? If they are not supported then you won't get voice.

@Tearrahudsonxo Hello what plan are you on?

Tearrahudsonxo

I can’t make calls ..

jrzus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had run out of mins ......hence no calls just text worked ...its back to normal new billing cycle started.

g19947

I have same problem. Does the solution come from offically public? Who 's solution is 100% correct?

jrzus

Thx a lot..tht was the problem...great help ...thnk u 

jrzus

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good advice..z10 for mayor...wait...lol...he is a mayor..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrzus wrote:

tried adding teh $1 ,,,,....The same message ..I need to add a long distance addon...at this moment i cant make or receive any calls

If you're on the $10 plan then maybe you're out of your 50 minutes.

Does your status say active? If the $10 plan do you see the minutes down below in the add-ons area. If not then really you're out of minutes.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

jrzus

tried adding teh $1 ,,,,....The same message ..I need to add a long distance addon...at this moment i cant make or receive any calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrzus wrote:

I tried this several times with different amount of time between suspend and resume ...still the same message ...long distance addon thing. Didnt work for me

Let me know what next 

Oh. I see you here now.

Another trick is to add another $1 manually into your account and restart the phone. See what happens.

jrzus

I tried this several times with different amount of time between suspend and resume ...still the same message ...long distance addon thing. Didnt work for me

Let me know what next 

jrzus

Calls not working texting works

I tried this several tiems with different amount of time between suspend and resume ...still the same message ...long distance addon thing. Let me know what next 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DelvonD4 wrote:

Awesome that worked, thanks.

Hopefully they have a fix so others dont need to do that all the time.

Yeah it's a funny quirk that is sometimes inexplicably needed.

But it works many times. Not all though.

DelvonD4

Awesome that worked, thanks.

Hopefully they have a fix so others dont need to do that all the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DelvonD4 wrote:

Hello, I have changed my plan on self serve and after I have already topped up my account it is telling me that I do not have a "Long distance" add on that allows me to make calls. I am making local calls and it is still telling me this message.

I have restarted my phone and the issue still percists. Can someone please look into it for me as I need access to my phone to make calls ASAP.

Thanks,

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.