cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@hairbag1 wrote:

@z10user4...not so sure that the un-named moderator got it right this time.


@hairbag1 @z10user4 they most certainly did not.  Wow, that's absolutely brutal.  A) it's a known issue when you have >1 US Roaming Talk add-ons active at once, and B) no you CANNOT* roam on Verizon or "Srping" (guess they meant Sprint) as PM has no roaming agreements with them.  Well, maybe Sprint one day given the merger with T-Mo but I don't think that's in place yet from a roaming agreement standpoint.

 

* though, as always, if you can get a technically compatible signal, you can dial 911 regardless of carrier providing that signal or any package/add-ons you have.  


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out

@z10user4, @srlawren ...here's the follow-up email when I asked for her clarification....

 

I have double-checked with my supervisor to solve your doubts in an accurate way. You should be able to connect to any network in The United States since Public Mobile is under Koodo agreements, It happens that there are states in which the signal for some providers is not the best however since this is roaming you can switch to the strongest network your phone recognizes.

 

Let me know if you have any other doubt,

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

Sounds preposterous to me but strange things happen around here.

Highlighted

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@z10user4 wrote:

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

Sounds preposterous to me but strange things happen around here.


I supposed that the technology is there so that Public Mobile customers could roam on Verizon, at least when it comes to phone compatibility and connecting to an LTE  network. However,  Public Mobile/Verizon don't allow it for Public Mobile customers - unless Public Mobole now has some roaming arrangements in place with some other carriers (which I very much doubt).

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out

Thanks everyone - it appears AT&T is the main carrier for North Carolina do I will try to set my phone to that rather than automatic roaming. I will see what happens 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@szaman wrote:

Thanks everyone - it appears AT&T is the main carrier for North Carolina do I will try to set my phone to that rather than automatic roaming. I will see what happens 


So you're in the states?

Do you have any call or text roaming add-ons from here?

If yes to both then maybe you'd be willing to manually scan for networks and see if Verizon or Sprint show up and select one of them and see what happens. Can you call or text out? Will it even so much as let you connect?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@z10user4 wrote:

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

Sounds preposterous to me but strange things happen around here.


AT&T and T-Mobile are the Telus/PM partners in the US. Cannot connect to Verizon when roaming.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@Chipster wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

Sounds preposterous to me but strange things happen around here.


AT&T and T-Mobile are the Telus/PM partners in the US. Cannot connect to Verizon when roaming.


 @Chipster 

So you're in the states and manually tried to connect to something like Verizon? What you wrote could be interpreted as a statement of policy rather than a statement of an experienced observation.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@z10user4 wrote:

@Chipster wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

Sounds preposterous to me but strange things happen around here.


AT&T and T-Mobile are the Telus/PM partners in the US. Cannot connect to Verizon when roaming.


 @Chipster 

So you're in the states and manually tried to connect to something like Verizon? What you wrote could be interpreted as a statement of policy rather than a statement of an experienced observation.


Hope this provides some clarification.

 

I just recently travelled to the US. My experience/osbervation was that PM connected to AT&T or T-Mobile automatically. I travelled through some major US cities. A real added bonus was recently PM rolled out a bug fix which corrected a problem with temporarily losing texting at the end of your 10 day US cycle. Kudos to PM!!! Great work!!! I did not lose any texting that I know of. Smiley Happy My observations & experience.

 

When I used to work in the US, my company phone was managed by Verizon. My PM phone always connected to AT&T or T-Mobile. My observations & experience.

 

Here's PM's notice on the US partner carriers. This I would say is policy.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

 

We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage.

 

Cheers!

 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out


@hairbag1 wrote:

@z10user4, @srlawren ...here's the follow-up email when I asked for her clarification....

 

I have double-checked with my supervisor to solve your doubts in an accurate way. You should be able to connect to any network in The United States since Public Mobile is under Koodo agreements, It happens that there are states in which the signal for some providers is not the best however since this is roaming you can switch to the strongest network your phone recognizes.

 

Let me know if you have any other doubt,


@Tiana_V @Alan_K can one of you please confirm or deny that PM users now have access to Verizon and Sprint as roaming partners in the USA?  In the past, we have only had access to T-Mobile and AT&T, but a member of your moderator team has been telling people that all four are available to us.  


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.