cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls Cutting Out

szaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am travelling in the states (North and South Carolina) but incoming and outgoing calls keep cutting out after 10-15 seconds. The add ons I have are listed below and I have no problems with the data portion of the add ons.

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

• 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
  • US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

Thanks and everything is still current within the 10 days and I have no idea why unlimited USA roaming talk is listed twice 

31 REPLIES 31

szaman

Thank you 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@szaman wrote:

Well nothing got fixed so i basically purchased a USA plan with data, talk and text and got no use from it. I am still in the states so this morning (well after the plans had expired and were not showing in my purchased add ons) I purchased the following plans which clearly show in my transaction history (yes there was adequate funds in the plan and i still show a credit);

US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data @$20

US Roaming Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00

However the issue is that the Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00 component isnt showing in my data and add-ons and i am still unable to use the phone.

I am really frustrated but apprecaite everyones help on this issue.

Thank you

@szaman okay, so for future reference, NEVER purchase those things together.  They both include Talk roaming and Rext roaming, and having two of either of those active at the same time causes issue, like calls dropping in under a minute.  If you wanted talk, text, and 250 MB of data, all you needed to purchase was the $20 US Roaming Talk+Text+250MB bundle. The additional add-on(s) you purchased were not needed and cause issues.

EDIT: sorry this info is repetative.  I had this thread open for several mins while I was on a call, and neglected to refresh before replying.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@geopublic  Thanks i forgot the OP didnt need texting. So that is indeed what needs to be changed.

@szaman  Take @geopublic advice on what to ask the moderators to do. I would mention that they should consider crediting back to you your previous roaming add ons because when you asked for help they didn't do anything but give you incorrect information. That's frustratingly bad customer service (when they are usually very good) they need to make it up to you. Get them to fix the issue at hand first. If they don't offer credits when you complain....deal with it when you get home. Just tell them to give you the ticket # and to keep it open.

@szaman wrote:

Well nothing got fixed so i basically purchased a USA plan with data, talk and text and got no use from it. I am still in the states so this morning (well after the plans had expired and were not showing in my purchased add ons) I purchased the following plans which clearly show in my transaction history (yes there was adequate funds in the plan and i still show a credit);

However the issue is that the Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00 component isnt showing in my data and add-ons and i am still unable to use the phone.

Thank you

@szaman Instead of the first add-on you should have purchased the 1GB Data US Roaming  for $20. Then everything should work as it should. Just submit a ticket and ask the Moderator to change it for you.

@szamanYou need to contact the moderators again. Unfortunately last time i think you got one of the new trainees due to all the misinformation going on....not what you want to hear. Last time you had two of the same roaming talk add ons...which shouldnt be possible. This time you have purchased two different roaming add ons but both have a talk feature. This is the problem. Both times. Two talk feature add ons cancel each other out. Thus your dropped call issues. Your moderator dropped the ball! I'll tag @Tiana_V to see if she can intervene while you open a new ticket. Also respond to your last message from the moderators because they may consider it a still open ticket....maybe Tiana can message you thru that ticket. The original issue was a problem in your account allowing you to purchase two of the same add ons....now they need to get rid of the $8 add on so the $20 one works properly.

szaman

Thank you

srlawren

@Tiana_V wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K can one of you please confirm or deny that PM users now have access to Verizon and Sprint as roaming partners in the USA?  In the past, we have only had access to T-Mobile and AT&T, but a member of your moderator team has been telling people that all four are available to us.  

I can confirm that at the moment we only have parterships with AT&T and T Mobile. 

@Tiana_V thank you for your reply and clarification.  Can you please share this information with your moderator team and whatever individuals or teams they consulted/escalated to before providing this misinformation?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K can one of you please confirm or deny that PM users now have access to Verizon and Sprint as roaming partners in the USA?  In the past, we have only had access to T-Mobile and AT&T, but a member of your moderator team has been telling people that all four are available to us.  

I can confirm that at the moment we only have parterships with AT&T and T Mobile. 

@szaman  I certainly hope the moderators fixed your issues for you yesterday. But as I read thru this thread the misinformation and inability of the moderator to recognize the dropped calls were being caused by two roaming talk add ons conflicting with each other is very concerning. Since we do believe it is supposed to be impossible to purchase the same roaming add on at the same time it appears to be a new glitch as well. It should be known that the only roaming partnerships public mobile has is with T-Mobile and at&t. The mistaken private messages sent to the wrong customer is another concern.... @Alan_K  do we need to mention better moderator training and reference materials seems to be long overdue.

@szaman wrote:

I am beyond frustrated at this point - I have turned off the automatic option and have selected AT&T as well as Verizon and experience the same drop off (after 20-40 seconds) so I don't know what else to do at this point. 

In the interim while you await moderators to assist you.

Look into downloading TEXTNOW App. You can get a number in your hometown area code which will allow you to call & text for FREE over wifi to Canada and USA numbers.

@szaman 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szaman wrote:

I am beyond frustrated at this point - I have turned off the automatic option and have selected AT&T as well as Verizon and experience the same drop off (after 20-40 seconds) so I don't know what else to do at this point. 

Did the mods remove one of the roaming talk add-ons?

szaman

srlawren

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous, @srlawren ...here's the follow-up email when I asked for her clarification....

I have double-checked with my supervisor to solve your doubts in an accurate way. You should be able to connect to any network in The United States since Public Mobile is under Koodo agreements, It happens that there are states in which the signal for some providers is not the best however since this is roaming you can switch to the strongest network your phone recognizes.

Let me know if you have any other doubt,

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chipster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

Sounds preposterous to me but strange things happen around here.

AT&T and T-Mobile are the Telus/PM partners in the US. Cannot connect to Verizon when roaming.

@Chipster 

So you're in the states and manually tried to connect to something like Verizon? What you wrote could be interpreted as a statement of policy rather than a statement of an experienced observation.

Hope this provides some clarification.

I just recently travelled to the US. My experience/osbervation was that PM connected to AT&T or T-Mobile automatically. I travelled through some major US cities. A real added bonus was recently PM rolled out a bug fix which corrected a problem with temporarily losing texting at the end of your 10 day US cycle. Kudos to PM!!! Great work!!! I did not lose any texting that I know of. 🙂 My observations & experience.

When I used to work in the US, my company phone was managed by Verizon. My PM phone always connected to AT&T or T-Mobile. My observations & experience.

Here's PM's notice on the US partner carriers. This I would say is policy.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chipster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I guess now we need someone to prove out that. @Chipster... care to have a go trying to manually connect to say Verizon and see what happens?

AT&T and T-Mobile are the Telus/PM partners in the US. Cannot connect to Verizon when roaming.

@Chipster 

So you're in the states and manually tried to connect to something like Verizon? What you wrote could be interpreted as a statement of policy rather than a statement of an experienced observation.

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szaman wrote:

Thanks everyone - it appears AT&T is the main carrier for North Carolina do I will try to set my phone to that rather than automatic roaming. I will see what happens 

So you're in the states?

Do you have any call or text roaming add-ons from here?

If yes to both then maybe you'd be willing to manually scan for networks and see if Verizon or Sprint show up and select one of them and see what happens. Can you call or text out? Will it even so much as let you connect?

szaman

Thanks everyone - it appears AT&T is the main carrier for North Carolina do I will try to set my phone to that rather than automatic roaming. I will see what happens 

@Anonymous wrote:

I supposed that the technology is there so that Public Mobile customers could roam on Verizon, at least when it comes to phone compatibility and connecting to an LTE  network. However,  Public Mobile/Verizon don't allow it for Public Mobile customers - unless Public Mobole now has some roaming arrangements in place with some other carriers (which I very much doubt).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, @srlawren ...here's the follow-up email when I asked for her clarification....

I have double-checked with my supervisor to solve your doubts in an accurate way. You should be able to connect to any network in The United States since Public Mobile is under Koodo agreements, It happens that there are states in which the signal for some providers is not the best however since this is roaming you can switch to the strongest network your phone recognizes.

Let me know if you have any other doubt,

srlawren

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous...not so sure that the un-named moderator got it right this time.

@hairbag1 @Anonymous they most certainly did not.  Wow, that's absolutely brutal.  A) it's a known issue when you have >1 US Roaming Talk add-ons active at once, and B) no you CANNOT* roam on Verizon or "Srping" (guess they meant Sprint) as PM has no roaming agreements with them.  Well, maybe Sprint one day given the merger with T-Mo but I don't think that's in place yet from a roaming agreement standpoint.

* though, as always, if you can get a technically compatible signal, you can dial 911 regardless of carrier providing that signal or any package/add-ons you have.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

Exactly. That's what I said.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear. See this is why I keep salt around when I see things from the mods.

So this mod is saying we can roam on those other networks. Yeah I don't think so.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@szaman 

Here's a portion of a message that the moderators mistakenly sent to me...

...I have checked your account and definitely there are 2 add-ons that were added the same date, However, this is not considered as the main reason for calls cutting out. According to the IT department, it is related to the poor signal. I strongly recommend you to switch networks selecting whichever works better where you're at. It might be any of these works better like Verizon, AT&T, Spring, T-mobile or any other one that your phone recognizes as stronger.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@szaman  Definitely a result of having multiple US roaming talk add-ons active at the same time. Only the moderator can fix this so as others have mentioned you need to submit a ticket for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Looks like you somehow double purchased the talk add on. That could be why i's glitchy. You'll have to click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of moderator assistance. Type "contact moderator" and follow directions.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@szaman wrote:

I am travelling in the states (North and South Carolina) but incoming and outgoing calls keep cutting out after 10-15 seconds. The add ons I have are listed below and I have no problems with the data portion of the add ons.

Thanks and everything is still current within the 10 days and I have no idea why unlimited USA roaming talk is listed twice 

@szaman wrote:

I am wondering if the listing of the two talk add-ons is causing some sort of conflict.  I would contact the moderators using the ? in the bottom right-hand corner and see if it is possible to remove one of the add-ons and see if that clears things up.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@szaman wrote:

Dropped calls can be because of the network quality/signal strength.

By any chance do you have more than one of the same roaming add-on in your acccount?  I believe that I've read before that if someone does that (not sure if the system allows you do it), that the dropped call issue could be the result.

Need Help? Let's chat.