cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Phone Calls Cutting Out

I am beyond frustrated at this point - I have turned off the automatic option and have selected AT&T as well as Verizon and experience the same drop off (after 20-40 seconds) so I don't know what else to do at this point. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@szaman wrote:

I am beyond frustrated at this point - I have turned off the automatic option and have selected AT&T as well as Verizon and experience the same drop off (after 20-40 seconds) so I don't know what else to do at this point. 

Did the mods remove one of the roaming talk add-ons?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@szaman wrote:

In the interim while you await moderators to assist you.

Look into downloading TEXTNOW App. You can get a number in your hometown area code which will allow you to call & text for FREE over wifi to Canada and USA numbers.

@szaman 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@szaman  I certainly hope the moderators fixed your issues for you yesterday. But as I read thru this thread the misinformation and inability of the moderator to recognize the dropped calls were being caused by two roaming talk add ons conflicting with each other is very concerning. Since we do believe it is supposed to be impossible to purchase the same roaming add on at the same time it appears to be a new glitch as well. It should be known that the only roaming partnerships public mobile has is with T-Mobile and at&t. The mistaken private messages sent to the wrong customer is another concern.... @Alan_K  do we need to mention better moderator training and reference materials seems to be long overdue.

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K can one of you please confirm or deny that PM users now have access to Verizon and Sprint as roaming partners in the USA?  In the past, we have only had access to T-Mobile and AT&T, but a member of your moderator team has been telling people that all four are available to us.  

I can confirm that at the moment we only have parterships with AT&T and T Mobile. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K can one of you please confirm or deny that PM users now have access to Verizon and Sprint as roaming partners in the USA?  In the past, we have only had access to T-Mobile and AT&T, but a member of your moderator team has been telling people that all four are available to us.  

I can confirm that at the moment we only have parterships with AT&T and T Mobile. 

@Tiana_V thank you for your reply and clarification.  Can you please share this information with your moderator team and whatever individuals or teams they consulted/escalated to before providing this misinformation?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well nothing got fixed so i basically purchased a USA plan with data, talk and text and got no use from it. I am still in the states so this morning (well after the plans had expired and were not showing in my purchased add ons) I purchased the following plans which clearly show in my transaction history (yes there was adequate funds in the plan and i still show a credit);

US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data @$20

US Roaming Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00

However the issue is that the Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00 component isnt showing in my data and add-ons and i am still unable to use the phone.

I am really frustrated but apprecaite everyones help on this issue.

Thank you

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@szamanYou need to contact the moderators again. Unfortunately last time i think you got one of the new trainees due to all the misinformation going on....not what you want to hear. Last time you had two of the same roaming talk add ons...which shouldnt be possible. This time you have purchased two different roaming add ons but both have a talk feature. This is the problem. Both times. Two talk feature add ons cancel each other out. Thus your dropped call issues. Your moderator dropped the ball! I'll tag @Tiana_V to see if she can intervene while you open a new ticket. Also respond to your last message from the moderators because they may consider it a still open ticket....maybe Tiana can message you thru that ticket. The original issue was a problem in your account allowing you to purchase two of the same add ons....now they need to get rid of the $8 add on so the $20 one works properly.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@szaman wrote:

Well nothing got fixed so i basically purchased a USA plan with data, talk and text and got no use from it. I am still in the states so this morning (well after the plans had expired and were not showing in my purchased add ons) I purchased the following plans which clearly show in my transaction history (yes there was adequate funds in the plan and i still show a credit);

US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data @$20

US Roaming Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00

However the issue is that the Unltd Talk Text @ $8.00 component isnt showing in my data and add-ons and i am still unable to use the phone.

I am really frustrated but apprecaite everyones help on this issue.

Thank you

@szaman Instead of the first add-on you should have purchased the 1GB Data US Roaming  for $20. Then everything should work as it should. Just submit a ticket and ask the Moderator to change it for you.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic  Thanks i forgot the OP didnt need texting. So that is indeed what needs to be changed.

@szaman  Take @geopublic advice on what to ask the moderators to do. I would mention that they should consider crediting back to you your previous roaming add ons because when you asked for help they didn't do anything but give you incorrect information. That's frustratingly bad customer service (when they are usually very good) they need to make it up to you. Get them to fix the issue at hand first. If they don't offer credits when you complain....deal with it when you get home. Just tell them to give you the ticket # and to keep it open.