cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment renewal vs missed

Aairey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got an email saying I missed a payment, however I am set up for autorenewal next week. Email says my account has been suspended ( it’s still working ), & has an offer to take $5.00 off my next bill if I Renew now... I’m confused, my auto renewal isn’t until the 24th? What should I do? 

22 REPLIES 22

gdalton64

yeah, I just used the voucher and added $5 to my account.

@Hampton 

It was sent to you in error but it looks like it might be legit. PM has several quirks in their system.  

As long as you don’t need to put in personal information, you should be fine and get free $5?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/5-voucher/m-p/382930

Hampton

The customer is absolutely correct in saying that she received an email saying a payment has been missed and that the phone was suspended.  I too received the exact same email from Public Mobile when in fact I have a credit in my account and my phone still works as well.  Is this something that we need to be concerned about?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aairey wrote:

Okay.. I am a newbie, so I guess I did the naive wrong thing... however, I logged out completely; went back into Public Mobile & I can see the credit on the account. 

Ive sent an email or two to the moderator as suggested by the community, with a copy of the suspicious email  & now I will keep my fingers crossed I didn’t do something terrible... I must have something set up on my emails, as I get notified by email, every time someone responds to my question.. 

thanks everyone 

Edit: seems to turn out to be a legit voucher. Don't know if clicking on Pay now activates it or whether one could just copy the voucher and apply it manually.

You can change those email notifications in your settings for this site. Change your password for selfserve.publicmobile.ca. Now. Try to remember whatever information you entered in whatever screen you saw.

I'm sorry I was too flippant about it earlier.

Aairey

Okay.. I am a newbie, so I guess I did the naive wrong thing... however, I logged out completely; went back into Public Mobile & I can see the credit on the account. 

Ive sent an email or two to the moderator as suggested by the community, with a copy of the suspicious email  & now I will keep my fingers crossed I didn’t do something terrible... I must have something set up on my emails, as I get notified by email, every time someone responds to my question.. 

thanks everyone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

@Aairey 

I found this old thread from Telus phishing scam:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Mobility-Account/Phishing-scam-email-claiming-to-be-from-Telus-Mobilit...

Did you put any personal information?  If you did, you will need to change banking information, etc.  

Edit: seems to turn out to be a legit voucher. Don't know if clicking on Pay now activates it or whether one could just copy the voucher and apply it manually.

Indeed. Like I said...I would not have clicked through on anything. So yes @Aairey if you

did, and you filled out some info then you've been had. Listen to Dunkman. Now.

@Aairey 

I found this old thread from Telus phishing scam:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Mobility-Account/Phishing-scam-email-claiming-to-be-from-Telus-Mobilit...

Did you put any personal information?  If you did, you will need to change banking information, etc.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aairey wrote:

I just sent a copy to the moderator link you attached... I hope I didn’t mess up my account. 

I don't know. I'm guessing you put it in as a so-called voucher in the payment screen in your self-serve account here?

I wouldn't've clicked through on anything in what you got and I don't know if the code was there in the original without clicking anything...so I'd say you're fine.

Aairey

I just sent a copy to the moderator link you attached... I hope I didn’t mess up my account. 

@Aairey 

To me, it still sounds very suspicious.  Public mobile does not email customers with these issues.  Usually text messages only.  

Keep a close eye on your account in the next week.  

Personally, I would have not done what you did.  If it works out for you, that's great and please let the community know.  Even an oracle like Luddite who has been here for 5 years has never heard of these "deals".  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aairey wrote:

So, I went into my account applied the $5.00 off code as the payment... didn’t touch the autorenewal info. The $5.00 credit was applied, & now I will wait to see what happens next week...

'Scuse me while I pick myself up off the floor.

Say what?

Feel like sharing the code with everyone? 🙂 It's probably done but wow. I totally thought it was a phishing attempt. Nice.

Aairey

So, I went into my account applied the $5.00 off code as the payment... didn’t touch the autorenewal info. The $5.00 credit was applied, & now I will wait to see what happens next week...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Aairey Assume it's phishing until proven otherwise. I have been with PM nearly 5 years and such offers have NEVER been made. Further, you may only renew early by private messaging the moderators.

Please copy the whole email, with headers, into a private message to the moderator team. Click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to do that. Perhaps put PHISHING in the subject.

Thanks for the heads up. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gdalton64

I got the same email...looks like it's from TELUS.

"Whatever the reason, you’ve missed a payment and your
account has been suspended".

"Reactivate by July 06, and get $5 off".

My account is fine though...

Guess we should ignore it...?

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AaireyI agree it sounds like spam.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aairey It could be a scam. I will ignore it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Aairey wrote:

I got an email saying I missed a payment, however I am set up for autorenewal next week. Email says my account has been suspended ( it’s still working ), & has an offer to take $5.00 off my next bill if I Renew now... I’m confused, my auto renewal isn’t until the 24th? What should I do? 

@Aairey Ignore that email it's a phising attempt/attack mark that email as spam and delete that email ASAP.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Aairey wrote:

An email?!? Strange. What does your account say? Something different? Do you have to click IN the message?

I'm almost certain that the customer means text message.  Public Mobile doesn't send out any e-mail messages for this type of thing.

IF it’s from public mobile!?!?

@Lieux wrote:

@Aairey wrote:

An email?!? Strange. What does your account say? Something different? Do you have to click IN the message?

I'm almost certain that the customer means text message.  Public Mobile doesn't send out any e-mail messages for this type of thing.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

I would be a little careful with that one do not respond or give any info

@Aairey wrote:

If the service is still working, ignore the message.  If you had missed a payment and your account was really suspended, you would not be able to use your phone.  Lately, I've been noticing a few incorrect text messages being sent to me.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Aairey wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.