Did you mean: 

Payment of my plan

rickdesjardins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use my MasterCard debit bankcard to pay for my plan on March 30 2020

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins  As others have mentioned some customers were successful so try it and let us know if it works. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rickdesjardins 

Mastercard Debit is not officially accepted. But I seem to recall that the odd reports here said they were successful.

So try to add it. Use the guide above from mpcdesign. Either no space in the postal code or drop the last digit. Match the address exactly as your billing address.

Then try to do a manual payment of like a dollar to test it if you are successful entering it all in.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rickdesjardins 

• Yes, you can pay with Mastercard.
  • Yes, you can use debit but as long as its Visa Debit.

You can make your payments by calling 611 from your phone. It will ask you for your PIN number to confirm.

You can also login to your self serve account to make your payment as well.

I suggest setting up autopay so you also get 2$ autopay credit as well as extra Data.

Who doesn't love free DATA.

Cheers

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Credit Card or "Visa debit card" will work....not MasterCard Debit.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins 

It's not listed

You could give it a try but don't hold your breath.

Is that the only card you have at the moment?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rickdesjardins wrote:

No. Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address; see https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins as far as I know the only debit card accepted is visa debit. See this article  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try going to self-serve portal and try to enter the card onto autopay, I never tried debit but maybe it'll work?

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't think PM allows MasterCard debit, just VISA debit. These are the requirements: 

Make sure you're using a VISA, Mastercard, American Express or VISA Debit card that is issued by Canadian or American financial institutions, and is associated with a Canadian or American address.

Are you using it to set up AutoPay, or just put in funds?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins, why not? Any credit card should work!

If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Setting up Credit Card Payment:
If by chance you live in an apartment, condo, or townhome, suite, units, or whatever, this is how you should do it! By leaving the Apt# dialog box empty, and entering your address like a letter, will work in the payment system

Address-with-comments.png

Need Help? Let's chat.