cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issue

Azoth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to upgrade my plan, and I went into top up. I was able to select the plan I wanted, and went though the payment. However this did not change my plan, it only added money to my account. 

I then clicked on the plan button, and was able to change my plan. However whe doing this it dropped my balance to 0.  I lost the money I had put on the account trying to upgrade my plan. 

How do I get my 50$ back? I didn't even use any of it.... It wasn't even supposed to go into my account balance, I was trying to upgrade my plan. I clicked on the plan I wanted and rather than changing the plan it added money to my account.

12 REPLIES 12

@Azoth wrote:

The payment is due at the end of the billing period yes? 

If payment is due at the end, I shouldn't have been charged now. 

@Azoth...you did everything right ...except you should have selected "Change at next renewal date". That way your selected plan change would take affect at your next renewal...and payment would be taken then.

Instead you must have slected "Change plan now". You've paid for it right away and your new plan selected took affect right away. You've forfeited any talk/text/data balance on your old plan and there's no refunds or pro-rating.

You can see if a moderator might make a plan adjustment. Click on the ? in lower right side of the page...Type "contact a moderator" and follow instructions.

Don't be disappointed if your request is rejected as PM philosohy is generally no refunds...especially when customer errs. Good luck.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Azoth wrote:

PM is prepaid so you pay in advance (as already mentioned earlier).  Since you also changed your plan mid-cycle you will have a new billing date.

Azoth

@Azoth wrote:

But the only reason I had balance on my plan was because I was trying to start a new plan and it added balance rather than upgrading the plan. 

Its not fair for the site to force me to add balance, then remove the balance when it updates so that I am charged and don't recive the credit. 

You put $$ into Available Funds to start a new plan...then when you selected your new plan, it took the $$.

I'm not sure what you mean by "don't recieve the credit". If you log into My Account, you should see the new plan that you selected as being Active.

Azoth

But the only reason I had balance on my plan was because I was trying to start a new plan and it added balance rather than upgrading the plan. 

Its not fair for the site to force me to add balance, then remove the balance when it updates so that I am charged and don't recive the credit. 

@Azoth  Unfortunately if you chose change plan now you forfeit what is left in your old plan. The normal procedure would be to choose change plan on next renewal. Then you finish with what is left in your current plan and pay the new plan price and activate on it at renewal.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Azoth 

According to your post, you were changing to the new plan immediately.  PM plans are prepaid plans.  When you change plan immediately, there is no refund of the unused days for your current cycle.  Prepaid plan is different from the postpaid plan with refund of the unused days after plan change.

Check your current plan on your overview page after login to confirm that you have the new plan.  If not, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right hand bottom corner of this page.

Azoth

Would I not only owe what my current plan is since you pay at the end of the cycle? I should only be deducted the balance for my old plan (40$) and then be charged the 50 next month. 

Obeda_Azoth_PublicMobile_Account.PNG

@Azoth  Yes as @hairbag1  has duly noted it appears you have done everything correctly to change your plan "now". It should appear in your account on the overview page under "my plan" and features. Rebooting your phone is the first thing you should do whenever a change has been made to kickstartba change that doesnt happen automatically.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Azoth wrote:

I wanted to upgrade my plan, and I went into top up. I was able to select the plan I wanted, and went though the payment. However this did not change my plan, it only added money to my account. This is Step #1

I then clicked on the plan button, and was able to change my plan. ...This is Step #2  However whe doing this it dropped my balance to 0.  I lost the money I had put on the account trying to upgrade my plan. The $$ were appliedd to your slected plan.

How do I get my 50$ back? I didn't even use any of it.... It wasn't even supposed to go into my account balance, I was trying to upgrade my plan. I clicked on the plan I wanted and rather than changing the plan it added money to my account.

Reboot your phone and you'll have your newly selected plan. Log into My Account / Plan Details to confirm. Looks like you did eveything right to change your plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Azoth 

Maybe screenshot your payment history page.  Was your plan upgraded?  

Here is an article on changing plans:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Azoth  What you described is exactly how the plan change works. First you need to fund your account in order to perform an immediate plan change.

There is also an option to change your plan on your next renewal that would have been preferable.

If you wanted to renew your current plan early then that can only be done by submitting a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

Need Help? Let's chat.