cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for long distance but not working

LK1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am paying for the “provincial calling” option so that should give me long distance to anywhere within BC but when I try to use it my phone says “sorry, can’t complete your call as you don’t have an active long distance add on”. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There have been a number of reported instances where accounts are not properly auto provisioned with the in province area codes and thus the message about no long distance add-on.  Reaching out to the moderator team is the solution. 

LK1

Nope. But thanks for the input 🙂

LK1

Yup. I put the 1 but the system still says I don’t have long distance on my plan

LK1

Thanks!

I *thought* I was without voice servicce on Saturday morning, so I sent in a message to the moderators regarding my issue, and they responded all was good.  Restarted my phone, tried again... redialed the last number.... still had problems.

As I have poor visioni in the outdoors with my screen, discovered I had missed a digit in my attempts to call out.  Correcting my misdial, fixed the problem.

Is this something you might be encountering ??

And thanks to Moderator Annie for helping me.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@LK1 wrote:

I am paying for the “provincial calling” option so that should give me long distance to anywhere within BC but when I try to use it my phone says “sorry, can’t complete your call as you don’t have an active long distance add on”. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

Have you put the 1- infront of the number you are trying to call?  It won't charge you LD but is still required.  If you have done that what area code is giving you problems and what area code are you calling from?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There had been a few reports on similar issue. The mods are your only option unfortunately.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LK1 You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.