Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Paying for data that I am unable to use

edited by computergeek541: removed phone number

Highlighted

I have been trying to go back to a 90 day billing and i no longer can find those options either. did the website make changes

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Melissamuiser  You're right that it is a 30-day plan, but please don't post screenshots of yoru account information such as your phone number.

There are no longer any 90-day plans or full-speed LTE plans to switch to.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Melissamuiser you should consider changing plans to one of the more current 3g plans. you can have $50(48 autopay)/8.5gb or $45/6.5gb every 30 days. or migrate to Koodo for $55/6gb if you need full LTE which I highly doubt you'll need

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Melissamuiser 

I can understand your frustration with this, a lot of users have the issue of not knowing what’s using their data. For example, Apple has a feature called Wi-Fi Assist which uses cellular data sometimes even when you’re on Wi-Fi. You can see your data usage below:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205296

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

If you prepaid for 6 GB then you’ll get 6, PM isn’t in the business of stealing your data. I would make sure you set your phone to not use cellular for things like backups or for 80% of your apps that don’t need to use cellular data. Since PM is prepaid there aren’t any refunds. Your plan already includes unlimited Canada wide calling. If you want to change your plan, then your only options are the ones on this page:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

Highlighted

screen.png

Highlighted

I think i was miss understood here. I never said public mobile was stealing from me. When my phone says I have only used 1G of data and my data usually last me a month. I am thinking there is a glitch and someone could look into my data usage. Maybe my ohone isnt keeping track properly. I am not frustrated or placing blame. I am just conserned i paid nearly 80 dollars this month for 2gs.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Melissamuiser wrote:

I have been trying to go back to a 90 day billing and i no longer can find those options either. did the website make changes

@Melissamuiser There are no more 90 day plans. Only people that had them before get to keep them. If you/they change plans for any reason, you lose the ability to go back to it. Did you change plans accidentally or otherwise?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Melissamuiser wrote:

I think i was miss understood here. I never said public mobile was stealing from me. When my phone says I have only used 1G of data and my data usually last me a month. I am thinking there is a glitch and someone could look into my data usage. Maybe my ohone isnt keeping track properly. I am not frustrated or placing blame. I am just conserned i paid nearly 80 dollars this month for 2gs.

If you think that there is a discrepancy in your data consumption contact a moderator.

Here’s  how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Highlighted

data.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.