cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payed a 3 month deal and i'm switching to koodo

Xylloth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with public mobile for awhile now and i had the 3 months deal but now im switching to koodo in a week but i'm wondering if i can get some kind of refund + the available balance on my account. I payed the 3 month deal at the start of february so i only used 1 month and if i switch now its like if i payed 85$ for that amount of time. i need answers please

7 REPLIES 7

brainfreze
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, you can do that. The new koodo sim would be sent with a temporary number and plan you sign up for, but I'm certain there is an expirey period before you can't port your number over.

ac2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, 

So can't we just switch to the Koodo plan before the deadline, and not activate our plan with Koodo until our PM prepaid period is up?

@NuXPeRwrote:

Would it be possible to reactivate our PM accounts with a new number (after our current number gets ported to Koodo) to use up whatever is left in our plan?

Not possible sorry, that is why Koodo is offering the $100 bill credit for migrating over there.  Plus once you port out your number that account is closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NuXPeR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would it be possible to reactivate our PM accounts with a new number (after our current number gets ported to Koodo) to use up whatever is left in our plan?

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Xylloth

Unfortunately Public Mobile will not give you a refund for the balance remaining and the funds that you already paid for as it is a prepaid plan. The reason for the $100 bill credit for you to switch to Koodo is to compensate you for the overpayment.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are not entitled to a refund. PM does not have to refund you a dime for you ending a prepaid plan early. You didn't provide much information, so I'm guessing you are on t 12/90 promo plan, and were offered a Koodo plan and $100 to switch. That's what the $100 is for - to cover the 85 that you said you are losing because you paid for 90 days. So, if that's accurate, you're up $15.

GC

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@XyllothNo refund.

Are u fimiliar with the saying "Richer gets Rich"?

Hey but you get a $100 bill credit!!! Which is FAIR because the person who paid for 3 months a week ago will get $100 bill credit and for the person who's next bill is due on March 14th but won't pay for 3 months and swicth to Koodo will also get $100. So it's fair deal right?

Need Help? Let's chat.