cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing service?

Kayleedawn25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any way to pause service for a period of time?  I work away with no cell service for weeks at a time and I am just wondering if there is a simple way to pause my services while I am not using them? 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

Is there any way to pause service for a period of time?  I work away with no cell service for weeks at a time and I am just wondering if there is a simple way to pause my services while I am not using them? 

Thanks! 

@Kayleedawn25  Sort of, if you use the lost/stolen feature and you have a renewal before you come back the plan will not renew and you will not be charged. Similar to removing autopay and having the account suspended.

Depending on length of time you can also switch to a $10 plan, but your existing plan may not be available when you come back.

For just a few weeks, really there is no easy way to suspend service for savings at public mobile.

@Kayleedawn25, the above-mentioned method does not pause the counter though.  Your days will still be counted and would still need to renew at the end of 30 days or whenever you were back to needing a cell.  As long as it isn't longer than 90 days.

As an example, if you were home for 10 days went to work away for 14 and then came back home you would still only have 6 days until your next renewal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

Thanks! 

Once paid, your plan goes until it's expiry date. You cannot pause it. You can remove credt card info and after 30 0r 90 days, your plan will be suspended. When ready for service again, just pay up your plan. Be aware that after 90 days of suspension, your plan will shut down completely and your number cannot be retrieved. Good luck.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

Thanks! 

@Kayleedawn25  Sort of, if you use the lost/stolen feature and you have a renewal before you come back the plan will not renew and you will not be charged. Similar to removing autopay and having the account suspended. When you come back re-activate service. That will save you the cost of the plan between the date of when it should have renewed to when you have come back.

Depending on length of time you can also switch to a $10 plan, but your existing plan may not be available when you come back.

Really the answer is no. Not for just a few weeks, there is no easy way to suspend service for any savings at public mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.