cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing my plan

ckswn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to another country from June 2nd to August 3rd. But my renew date is the 18th of every month, and I don't know when to remove autopay. When is the best way for me to get rid of autopay if I want to use my phone as soon as I arrive on August 3rd?

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ckswn wrote:

I am going to another country from June 2nd to August 3rd. But my renew date is the 18th of every month, and I don't know when to remove autopay. When is the best way for me to get rid of autopay if I want to use my phone as soon as I arrive on August 3rd?

If you disable your autopay now, your June 18 renewal will failed and your account will be suspended with payment.  Please not that if your account have enough available fund to pay for your plan fee, PM will renew your plan using the available fund.

You have 89 days (Sept 15) to reactivate your plan to get your phone working again.  You have enough time to reactivate your account on Aug 3.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ckswn change your plan down to the $15  your plan  before you leave if you are sure that Its only a months absence. That way the phone should work when you come back. You can change it back for the August 30 day cycle. Also get TextNow with a Canadian number amd use it over WiFi to make/ receive / send calls and texts back to Camada for free. Enjoy tour trip. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ckswn wrote:

Good advise as suggested by @kb_mv . Just as an FYI...your account renews every 30 days...not monthly. You account will renew on different days depended on how many days in each moth.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ckswn wrote:

If you don't have funds in you account then you can disable AutoPay now calling 611 from your phone or via selfserve.

Just before your return (August 2nd) access selfserve and re-enable Auto-Pay and hit the re-activate button so when you get back your plan will be up and running.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Remove autopay after the payment in May. On 18 Jun your account will go suspended due to no payment. You will save 2 weeks service. When you return make a payment/re start auto pay and your service will start right away. As long as your account isn't suspended for 90 days you are good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.