cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for my plan, paid for 2 add-ons, still cannot make calls.

altmanfauve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason, I can't make any calls. When I try, it says I am making long distance calls, which isn't correct as I am in Montreal and haven't changed location.

I even bought 500 minutes twice as an add-on, nothing works. I paid my plan as well. Basically, yesterday I paid 25$ and still cannot make calls. I am really not keen on throwing money out of the window.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@altmanfauve wrote:

For some reason, I can't make any calls. When I try, it says I am making long distance calls, which isn't correct as I am in Montreal and haven't changed location.

I even bought 500 minutes twice as an add-on, nothing works. I paid my plan as well. Basically, yesterday I paid 25$ and still cannot make calls. I am really not keen on throwing money out of the window.

@altmanfauve 

I was thinking you were on the the limited minutes $15 Plan, but than you mentioned paying $25. So thought perhaps you were on the $25 Provincial Only calling plan?

But maybe you meant $15 plan + two $5 addons - $25?

What plan are you on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

first you have to do turn you phone off about a minute and take your SIM card out and put it back and open your phone. Also try dialing 1 + area code + phone number. and you make a call in canada or out canada is your plan is not working just to you know and if still have that issue,

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

• Good Luck

and also you can check your plan if a old you changed to a new plan has a talk : Unlimited Canada-wide, and you make call in canada number for Free
visit
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@altmanfauve  Add-ons don't work unless your account is activate. 

@altmanfauve 

Try dialling 1 in front of the area code.

You could also try the following troubleshooting tips:

• Reboot your device
  • Remove SIM Card, wait a few minutes, reinsert it
  • Reset your network settings on device
  • Try the SIM card in another compatible device to see if calling works

@altmanfauve 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. More details would provide more helpful information.

Is your account status active?

Does text work?  data?

Did you activate a new account?  existing customer?  port over number recently?

Try rebooting your phone.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right corner.

altmanfauve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I have done all of this. My phone still doesn't work. I can't make any calls. Yet all has been added and paid for. I am really frustrated and need my phone to work for work... I feel as though I just spent 25$ for nothing.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing an add-on is a two step process.  You need to add it and then purchase it.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.