cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for a 500MB Data Plan for 30 Days but NO DATA!

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got a 30-day 500MB Data plan for my dad and I found it weird that on the overview of his account, there are no add-ons or data usage information. I checked what plan it was on and it said 30-day 500MB Data, unlimited talk and text.

It has come to my attention that my dad has not been able to use data since that time (September 26, 2018). Since he usually uses wifi, it wasn't a big concern, but IT IS concerning that I am paying for a service that I actually didn't get! It's kinda terrible but the 30 days are up and he actually didn't get to use any of his data for a whole month! 

I sent a private message to @CS_Agent but does anyone have a fix for this?

10 REPLIES 10

dumbdobie1

The $30 is a good deal. I got one for my parents too. They don't really use the data just the across country calling and roaming.

At least you discovered it within 30 days. As you said not much loss, just make sure to verify the phone is working with data at this point. Turn off wifi and verify a mobile data connection is there. Double check the settings, apn's etc.

Helping older parents with technology can be trying at times 😉

angeliquem

@ute1978 wrote:

Also it is recommendable to contact the mods for help within a few days when things are not working. Do not wait a full month. It doesn't make it a believable issue if members get in contact after the cycle has passed.

Since it’s my dad’s phone number, I was not aware of the problem until now. I simply manage the account but he’s the one using it. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also it is recommendable to contact the mods for help within a few days when things are not working. Do not wait a full month. It doesn't make it a believable issue if members get in contact after the cycle has passed.

@angeliquem wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@angeliquem Only time the data usage disappears from self-serve is when the data is fully consumed. Have a look in your dad's phone and see the data usage or check the usage history in his self-serve account. 

That's the thing... There is no usage history in his self-serve account! 

Did you go through all the usage since Sep 26th?

He didn't use any at all because he couldn't use any... :S

If data is correctly shows up under the plan detail, i am not sure why it would not be active. If your dad uses iPhone, there is something called Wi-Fi assist that sometimes uses data. 

I see that renewal is coming up. So i suggest to wait for that to happen and see if that 500MB appears. 

angeliquem

@Anonymous wrote:

@angeliquem:

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the overview page and payment history? Blank out personal info of course.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

angeliquem

@NDesai wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@angeliquem Only time the data usage disappears from self-serve is when the data is fully consumed. Have a look in your dad's phone and see the data usage or check the usage history in his self-serve account. 

He didn't use any at all because he couldn't use any... :S

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angeliquem:

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the overview page and payment history? Blank out personal info of course.

@angeliquem wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

angeliquem

@NDesai wrote:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.