cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA: PM email registration promos are fake!

Bill888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The recent PM promos requiring email registration are fake. You may very likely NOT get your 2nd month free credit, or the $10 off per month credit with the more recent promo. PM never sends any email confirmation that you are registered for the promo and Mods will ask for screenshot of the confirmation when you try to claim the credit.

Either PM IT is incompetent and never implemented the promo properly, or they are doing this on purpose to deny people their rightful credit!

Buyer beware!

39 REPLIES 39

@Jelly211 

It seems not everyone gets the 30 days free credit applied automatically. Check your balance on your account do you have a balance equal to your plan amount? If you check your payment history it should show the 30 day credit applied to your balance and the date the moderator said it was applied. It just turns it into your third month free rather than your second month. You should also see your $10 referral bonus and when it was applied. If not you can as the moderators to look into it as well.

Jelly211
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes the same thing happened to me, what I had to do was so much more work. 

I had to give all my setup information to the mod in order for them to help me create an account for my plan. However, even though they told me the promo is applied, I still payed for my second month already. 

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a simple question: Have you checked your junk mail or spam folder for the confirmation email? Sometimes we forget that an email can be wrongly flagged as JUNK by well-meaning software.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Bill888 

A problem doesn't mean fake promo. The promo is real but something went wrong. If conditions were followed, they will fix it.  I know that it's a hassle.

@Anonymous 

The 30 days free and the 3gb data promos (The first 2 email promos) did get email confirmations of registration on may 13th and may 29th respectively. The $10off/6 months did not. The current sign up offer of 1gb bonus data/6 months has not......yet?!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

As stated the first signup promo offer did come with a confirmation email.

@ShawnC13 

How certain are you of this? The most recent one does not. I tried one for interest. No confirmation email.

As for the rest of the woes...

@Anonymous, the first time people had to sign up to get in on the promo an email was sent out.  It came out many days later and some had already activated by then but it did come out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

As stated the first signup promo offer did come with a confirmation email.

@ShawnC13 

How certain are you of this? The most recent one does not. I tried one for interest. No confirmation email.

As for the rest of the woes...

Bill888

Never ever got any email confirmation. Even registered 2 different emails for the promo because was wondering why didn't get any confirmation, but never got any on either. Used the EXACT same email registered to sign up.

@Bill888 wrote:

Just going around in circles again. Back to the beginning. : did you get an email confirmation? Send us proof, blah blah blah. Stop beating about the bush and say outright we stole your money and have no intention of giving it back. At least have the guts to say that PM!

I understand you are frustrated and I do hope this works out but how have they stole your money?  You got the 30 days service you paid for and yes you are waiting for the credit but as you said you didn't renew again they haven't stolen anything from you.  As stated the first signup promo offer did come with a confirmation email.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Bill888 

Ok now if sounds like you're messaging with pc optimum customer care trying to resolve a points inquiry!! Have a good look thru your computer.......trash bin, spam, archive, photos, gallery is it possible you accidently sent it somewhere and you forgot? Important folder? Files? Sd card? Mp3 file?

Bill888

Just going around in circles again. Back to the beginning. : did you get an email confirmation? Send us proof, blah blah blah. Stop beating about the bush and say outright we stole your money and have no intention of giving it back. At least have the guts to say that PM!

@Bill888 

They have prioritized your complaint.....but I must ask do you express yourself with the moderators with the same verbiage as here? The moderators are pretty accomodating but attitude and politeness can make all the difference. Your approach can work.....but down the line when it's your mistake rather than perhaps public mobiles the outcome may be very different.

I took a hard stance once...,,despite being 100% right and the moderator 100% wrong it got me no where just 2 days of frustrating futility til I gave up. Then I sought a second opinion and had the matter solved in less than 5 minutes. I've worked in customer service for a very long time and it is very rare that I don't get what I want. (The peanut gallery can just zip it!...lol...not you bill....they know who they are.....)

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.......and give public mobile chance to remedy the matter. It's probably a teaching moment right now....helping the new moderators learn how to accommodate the more demanding customer and still get them want they want and happy they switched to public mobile. There's give and take here...ive had lots of stuff completely mess up my account(s) but how do I complain about a mistake here and there when my bills are now $0?

Bill888

4 days later... Still no credit despite being escalated for "investigation".

Completely unethical business practices

@Bill888 

Did you sign up with a referral code and for autopay? If so you should already have a $14 credit on your account. If they are requiring you to pay for your plan in order to apply the credit then just do so....and have them apply the credit afterwards. It's possible they cannot apply the credit due to the account being suspended. If you didn't have a referral code just private message someone here and they will happily supply you with one. Then you can pay for your plan and have moderators apply both the promo and referral credits. So your third month is free instead of your second....we realize it's a pain but you will get the credit in the end. Or just start a new service ticket and start over with a new moderator.

Hi @Bill888 

I didn't mean to say they will, but they may, they have grounds for, or don't get surprised if they do.

Again I suggest that you keep talking to them and try not to be rude, I know it's sometimes easier said than done, but you do have legitimate grounds for complaint and don't give up. Most likely the mod will pass it to somebody else to deal with you. For

the screenshot request tell them you didn't dream it wouldn't work, nobody warned you that you should take it and if there was a button to press to receive the email of confirmation you would certainly press it.

bilibili
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

delete

@Bill888 

The email confirmation they are looking for is the following.....the second 30 days free and the 3gb data add on were sent out email confirmations if you registered correctly. The $10 off/6 months promo did not get an email registration confirmation.Screenshot_20200617-145525.png

@Bill888 wrote:

Yep the 2nd month free promo from may 5-7. Fulfilled every single thing required of that promo. So great...PM will now use the excuse I didn't top up to again deny the credit. Total crock of a company.

You have 89 days from last plan expiry date to renew your plan. At day 90, your account is closed down.

I suggest again...renew your plan, then deal with moderators on your promo concern.

Good luck.

Bill888

I have the 2nd month free promo from may 5-7. Fulfilled every single thing required of that promo. So great...PM will now use the excuse I didn't top up to again deny the credit. Total crock of a company.

rliu1993

sad, Moderator_Team please help

Lorca

I was referring to the offer to previous Public Mobile customers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bilibili 

In another thread you were talking about the next month free promo. So that's what I'm working with.

bilibili
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

delete

@Bill888 

You should not let your account go into suspention, that is in all the smallprint for any promotion, if your account gets suspended promo can be void.

The onus is on us users to make sure it's paid and running (never mind the autopay, it's our responsibility that's on all smallprint too)

Good news is that they are usually really really good at retaining customers, just don't be rude but persistent. It is their fault they don't wanted l warn people to take a screenshot or give them option of mailing confirmation, so you have good grounds for complaint. I believe you will need to reactivate your account before proceeding.

Best luck

And please if you don't mind keep us posted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bill888 

Did you submit the email between May 5-7?

Did you activate online using the same email by May 22?

Did you choose a plan $25 or more?

@Bill888 wrote:

No way am I giving PM another cent until they give back what they stole from me

I don't think anyone "stole" anything from you. Sometimes snafu's happen, right ? If you have a benefit you're eligible for, I'm certain you will eventually receive it. Try to be patient and the moderators will get things right for you. I don't recall the details in that promo, but if you're entitled...you'll get it.

Lorca

@Bill888  Do you still have the email Public sent you offering the deal? The subject line should say “Come back to Public for up to $200 of sweet savings off your annual phone bill”. The email will have your email address with the offer. You could screenshot that.

edit: it looks like there were a couple of offers from Public in the last month or so. One was for previous customers and the other had conditions @Anonymous  described.

Bill888

No way am I giving PM another cent until they give back what they stole from me

@Bill888   Oh that sounds pretty sad to have to wait for three days at least for a response but in the meantime if you want service want to stay with public which in my opinion usually runs without too many issues I would just take the advice and get a Voucher or pay with cc In your self serve account or *611, again I’m sorry for your issues but as I said it usually runs pretty well around here good luck!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bill888 wrote:

Another 3 days to "investigate". So I'm supposed to go 3 days without service! What a crock!

There are other methods to pay. Vouchers from stores or online. Manual payments with payment cards. You can even use those prepaid "credit" card gift cards.

Then when it's all sorted out, your second renewal will be paid if all the conditions were met for the promo.

Need Help? Let's chat.