cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tapan676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PROMOTION 2 MONTHS FREE! Help needed.

Hi, 

I activated my plan on 28/12/2019. I choose the$25 plan. The person at store charged me $62.15 in total. Says $30 is a activation charge. (I know I was doomed) He also told me he'll give a $10 credit (which he did by giving his name as referral & me getting the bonus - I know)

But, later he told me that I'll get 2 months free service for the cost ($62.15) and 3rd month the cost will be $15 ($25 less $10 credit that's in my account) but, in my account it shows that my due date is 27 Jan 2020. I don't know what's going to happen. Will I be charged on 27 Jan? What about the 2 month free promise? What can I do? Where should I file my complaint if that doesn't happen? If this is false, I feel cheated and think of changing my Operator again ! 😞 Please help.

Accepted Solutions
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: PROMOTION 2 MONTHS FREE! Help needed.

@Tapan676  To contact a moderator to have your friends code entered click on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators.  Just fill in the prompts as best you can and submit. Something like...moderator or rep, account specific question, wrong referral code til you get to submit. Then keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. Don't beat yourself up on this one...were here for you...and come here andvasknfor help anytime.

View solution in original post

All Replies
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676  CHEATED!!! Yes but not by public mobile....by an unscrupulous salesperson. Did you go to a small business? If you had a referral code from a friend that should have been entered you can have that changed. That shyster was just pocketing another $20 on top of the $30 he should have never charged in the first place. Public mobile does not charge activation fees nor do their authorized dealers. If this is a legitmate retailer then you have some recourse otherwise youve been ripped off! You can review your experience  on the retailer page so pm will know who this business was...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676  You should have been charged $25 +tax and $10 +tax for the sim card. $37+ tax 

You will get $10 referral credit but we can get your friends referral code entered instead that of that nobs...within 30 days you will get $25 credited to your account. Plus $2+$2=$4 for autopay if the nob didn't sign you up for it we can guide you there as well.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676  To contact a moderator to have your friends code entered click on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators.  Just fill in the prompts as best you can and submit. Something like...moderator or rep, account specific question, wrong referral code til you get to submit. Then keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. Don't beat yourself up on this one...were here for you...and come here andvasknfor help anytime.

View solution in original post

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676  We are happy to help here on the community or message me privately for advice. We want you to feel....Welcome to public mobile!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676  Read this in retail: second page, two thirds of the way down...just know you are not alone

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Tapan676, where did you activate your sim?  This $30 activation fee is garbage but if it is an individual store then I guess they can charge it and using their number as a referral is slimy.

Are there posts missing in between or did darlicious just keep coming back?!?!?  The time stamp is way out of my active time so I wouldn't know what was going on lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Are there posts missing in between or did darlicious just keep coming back?!?!?  The time stamp is way out of my active time so I wouldn't know what was going on lol

lol

Maybe she's trying to avoid the wall of text and so she's making multiple posts as a way of making paragraphs 🙂

My practice is usually to tack on to the end of an existing last post of mine if I'm still the last poster.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tapan676 WOOOWWWWWWWWW!!! To be honest they definitely took advantage of you.  That's just insane.  I've heard stores say they charge $5, or even $10, but not $30. 

I don't understand, so many people get tricked into this, and yet they always say it seemed odd from the beginning.  If that's the case then just stop and go somewhere else.  If it seems wrong, then your hunch is most likely correct.  

Only thing I suggest you do is, if you were provided paperwork for this transaction and it indicates all the credits and months free, then go back to the store and ask to speak to the manager.  Also, I like how the rep takes the referral, that rep is clearly a PM customer and probably has a crap load of referral credits (suggest you mention this to the manager as well and see what their reaction is).  Not much you can do other than that to be honest.  Each store may operate a bit different, $30 activation may be this store's policy, other stores may have a different policy.  But technically there shouldn't be any activation charge as Public Mobile does not charge an activation fee (you only pay $10 for the SIM Card).  So this $30 is the stores service charge and they keep for their profits or commission for the rep.

Maybe also send the employee name, company name, store address to the MODS, maybe they'll put this in their file and if there are many cases of complaints against this specific store they might do something in the future about it, highly doubt it though.  End of the day I'd say it's between you and the store manager.

If a store was going to charge me I'd tell them to bill it to my address, lol.  

Tapan676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They gave me the bill. I called KOODO (As this was the address on bill. They said they'll take action on this. Contacted CCTS (Commision for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services) they said, talk to Koodo, check what they do, then go to store, check what they do, contact Public Mobile, check what they do and if nobody solves regards to refund,. They'll take my complaint and help me with this. That's the update as of now.

Need Help? Let's chat.