cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM with new account!

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi - I referred a friend who did sign up to the $30/month plan with auto pay. -------HOWEVER even though the funds were taken from his VISA account and I was send a text congratulating me of my referral and also getting a $1 referral bonus ----------------- he can not log in to his account page or use his phone.   He obviously is not happy with me and now wishes he never followed my advise ----- What happened?
9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Milk wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Milk wrote:

1-Yes he did get a text with pin# but it came from a 611 number so he thought it was a scam text and he deleted it. 

2-No I did not yet get the $25 but If all gets sorted I expect to get it in a few days 

3- his data doesn’t work

4- even though he received a text he can not use PM to sent texts and his communicating with me by iMessage over Wifi

2.  You will not get $25 credit if he activate instore.  Just the $1/30 days cycle.

3/4. Your friend is using iPhone.  I will let @CalgaryBen to help you.

I think that all is well now because he did assume that he had an account because of his original set up in which he gave all details etc. He just a few minutes ago set up an account and can now log in and see his details. He's being a pain because now his telling me he has not received his $25 promo bonus or his auto pay $2 discount or the $10/month discount for 6 months. Wish I never suggested that he try PM.   I have told him to be patient and that all the promo discount will eventually be applied - that is correct I assume.

He will get his referral credit with 72 hours after activation.  I got my credit next morning.

He will receive his first $10 credit within 30 day after activation.  i.e. before his first renewal.

Milk

@popping wrote:

@Milk wrote:

1-Yes he did get a text with pin# but it came from a 611 number so he thought it was a scam text and he deleted it. 

2-No I did not yet get the $25 but If all gets sorted I expect to get it in a few days 

3- his data doesn’t work

4- even though he received a text he can not use PM to sent texts and his communicating with me by iMessage over Wifi

2.  You will not get $25 credit if he activate instore.  Just the $1/30 days cycle.

I think that all is well now because he did assume that he had an account because of his original set up in which he gave all details etc. He just a few minutes ago set up an account and can now log in and see his details. He's being a pain because now his telling me he has not received his $25 promo bonus or his auto pay $2 discount or the $10/month discount for 6 months. Wish I never suggested that he try PM.   I have told him to be patient and that all the promo discount will eventually be applied - that is correct I assume.

Milk

He did assume that he had an account because of his original set up in which he gave all details etc. He just a few minutes ago set up an account and can now log in and see his details. He's being a pain because now his telling me he has not received his $25 promo bonus or his auto pay $2 discount or the $10/month discount for 6 months. Wish I never suggested that he try PM.   I have told him to be patient and that all the promo discount will eventually be applied - that is correct I assume.

popping

@Milk wrote:

3- his data doesn’t work

Milk

3- his data doesn’t work

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

@Milk- If he never received the initail text from Public Mobile, he will not be able to create his selfe serve account.  Thus, unlikely to be able to resolve the issue himself.  I would recommend contacting the moderator team via private message, and have them get things sorted out.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

@Milk received the $25 referral credit, his/her referral was activated the plan online.  The self-serve account should be created already.

Sorry.  I got mixed up with other thread.

popping

@Milk wrote:
Hi - I referred a friend who did sign up to the $30/month plan with auto pay. -------HOWEVER even though the funds were taken from his VISA account and I was send a text congratulating me of my referral and also getting a $1 referral bonus ----------------- he can not log in to his account page or use his phone.   He obviously is not happy with me and now wishes he never followed my advise ----- What happened?

For your next referral, tell your referral that PM does not have call center.  Let them to decide whether PM is for them.

Now, let us fix the problem.   

1.  Is the SIM card working?  call/text/data etc. 

Did s/he got a text message about her/his PIN #?

2.  You got $25 credit.  S/he must be activate online.  Did s/he got an email from PM after activation?  If not, s/he might has a typo on the email address.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Milk wrote:

What kind of error is he getting when he tries to login to selfserve?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Milk- If he never received the initail text from Public Mobile, he will not be able to create his selfe serve account.  Thus, unlikely to be able to resolve the issue himself.  I would recommend contacting the moderator team via private message, and have them get things sorted out.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.