cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM to PM calls

nahidul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can $10/$20/25 plan include calls between Public Mobile Numbers? I see $15 plan has incoming calls included. PM to Pm calls free/included would be great.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Alright, I'm going to ahead and say I hope they never bring this.  I've always hated this feature from any provider.  Basically it's holding you hostage to choose the same network as your most frequently contacted friends and family, or vice versa for them to choose your provider.  What if you have differening needs?  What if you talk to two people equally as much and one if on carrier X and the other is on carrier Y?  To me, this is the phone-calling equivalent of a network neutrality issue.  Providers aren't allowed to zero-rate data to specific sites (even including their own self-serve sites), so why would they be allowed to zero-rate calls that are to customers on a parituclar network (i.e. their own in this example)?

I'm of the mind that you talk bucket is your talk bucket, no matter what number you're dialing.  I personally think PM should not offer any metered calling plans, it should be zero talk or unlimited Canada-wide talk in all plans. I know this is a controversial opinion, but I don't think anyone should be counting minutes (or texts) in 2019, period.  Data, sure, but not minutes or text messages.  That said, I still feel like if you're opting for a metered plan with x mins, it should be x mins to anyone in Canada not x mins to your contacts A, B, C, and D but unlimited to your contacts E, F, G, and H.  Just my two cents.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@nahidul

It would be a great feature, but I don't see it happening anytime soon either. PM already rewards their users for referrals, so having free calls amongst their users wouldn't really benefit the company. It's more beneficial to them to push their unlimited plans instead. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nahidul wrote:

Can $10/$20/25 plan include calls between Public Mobile Numbers? I see $15 plan has incoming calls included. PM to Pm calls free/included would be great.

@nahidul Good suggestion! Hope PM will take it in the future.

@nahidul wrote:

Unlimited Public Mobile to Public Mobile calls is not an available feature for purchase.  On the $10 and $15 (version without unlimited incoming), these types of calls will use of airtime minutes as usual.  There is a new version of the $15 plan that includes unlimited incoming calls.  The $20 and $25 plans that include calling both have unlimited airtime.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@nahidul I don't think that will happen anytime soon unless other competitors start to offer such service. Before i would vouch for what you are asking, i would rather ask for more better features such as VoLTE or RCS. 

Need Help? Let's chat.