cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM's Koodo Offer - JOINKOODOAUGDATA @Moderator_Team

rndwng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have received the offer to switch to Koodo with $35/5GB or $40/8GB + $180 credits. I tried to used to code to place an order for a SIM card but got an error code saying it had been used.

Apparently there is a PM phone number generator that gives out random PM customer's phone numbers...

Anyone with the same problem? I was told by KOODO to contact PM customer service, but dont think there is a line that I could call ? 

Any help?

Thanks

@Moderator_Team

16 REPLIES 16

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My experience told me nothing more should be expected from Koodo service.  "Choose Happy" is fake.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Part of the migration text could be your phone number along with a 4 digit pin. That would stop the number steeling. 

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@torontokris wrote:

Why doesn’t koodo just make a random code or you must port the # listed. That will solve all those problems

Totally agree.  Someone used my number without my permission. 😞

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Why doesn’t koodo just make a random code or you must port the # listed. That will solve all those problems

rndwng

Thank you all for your inputs.

To summerize for those who ran into the same problem, the best steps to take would be:

1. Go to a local Koodo Store, show them the code and activate in store. They will charge a $30 activation fee, but you get $20 more credits than doing it online yourself;

2. If Koodo is unable to activate your number with the offered plan, it probably means the person who used your code to order the SIM card has activated the number;

3. It's really unfortunate if you get to this step. And this is the step I'm stuck at. Koodo will not be able to reset the offer on your number, so you can try:

3.1 Contact PM to reset the offer, as the promotional code is offered by PM;

3.2 Just give up on this offer and wait for the next offer to come in...

jora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@rndwng wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I though. But apparently the promo code was offered by Public Mobile, and Koodo CS wasn't able to find out who used the code nor able to reset the code...

Umm, no.  The code was offered by Koodo.  It has to be in the Koodo system to work.  For signing up to Koodo, it's Koodo responsible for providing customer service.  If Koodo can't find out what happened or get things reset, then Public Mobile definitely isn't going to.  It's Koodo's activation system we're talking about here.  Other than the fact that the offer is made to Public Mobile customers to change over to Koodo, the promo codes, implementation of customer services and presales support, activation, and everything is Koodo's repsonsibility and has nothing to even do with Public Mobile.  Perhaps the poor customer service that you're receiving from Koodo should be taken as a sign. 

@lat34hat34 wrote:

I have received the offer to switch to Koodo with $35/5GB or $40/8GB + $180 credits. I tried to used to code to place an order for a SIM card but got an error code saying it had been used.

First of all, I'd advise not to go to Koodo. Not because I'm a Public Mobile employee or anything, but because they say one thing and then they do something different. I was with them for a while and my bill should have been $60.00 with unlimited data. Instead, they'd jack up the price every month despite the data being unlimited and my bills would be over $100. I cut ties with them and paid everything off, but they sold my file to a credit bureau which has tried to tell me I owe them hundreds of dollars. 

Second of all, what they told you seems fishy. If you're using a code to order a SIM from Koodo, you should be able to order it since they have nothing to do with Public Mobile. I've also never heard of this generator. That sounds more so like a lie but I would call PM regardless to check in on that. If it is in fact true, then that's messed up.

Non of my family that have switched have had any issue with Koodo and if the prices go up then it is back to PM no big deal.  As for selling your file to the credit bureau?  They report to the credit bureau.  The only companies that would buy it would be a collection agency and they wouldn't buy it if there was nothing to collect on.  As well just because you have never heard of the number generator does not mean it isn't true because there was/is one that was being used. As well Public Mobile and Koodo are connected they are sister companies and to be able to order the sim for the new promo you must have the code and and eligible phone number to verify that the offer was for you..

You seem to have a lot of mixed up facts but that is understandable you have only been here just over a day keep reading and posting and you will learn more about all of this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rndwng

I did some research. It's called Koodo Codes...

And I called Koodo and even went to their stores, apparently it is offered by PM. The offered plan just seemed so tempting, though I'm pretty happy with PM right now... Except when problem comes and you have no one to go to...

rndwng

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I though. But apparently the promo code was offered by Public Mobile, and Koodo CS wasn't able to find out who used the code nor able to reset the code...

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First of all, I'd advise not to go to Koodo. Not because I'm a Public Mobile employee or anything, but because they say one thing and then they do something different. I was with them for a while and my bill should have been $60.00 with unlimited data. Instead, they'd jack up the price every month despite the data being unlimited and my bills would be over $100. I cut ties with them and paid everything off, but they sold my file to a credit bureau which has tried to tell me I owe them hundreds of dollars. 

Second of all, what they told you seems fishy. If you're using a code to order a SIM from Koodo, you should be able to order it since they have nothing to do with Public Mobile. I've also never heard of this generator. That sounds more so like a lie but I would call PM regardless to check in on that. If it is in fact true, then that's messed up.

Salmonlips

you may want to try giving koodo a call instead of just email?

cappaj

@computergeek541 wrote:

@rndwng wrote:

Apparently there is a PM phone number generator that gives out random PM customer's phone numbers...

Anyone with the same problem? I was told by KOODO to contact PM customer service, but dont think there is a line that I could call ? 

Any help?

Thanks

@Moderator_Team

Why would Koodo customer service tell you to contact Public Mobile customer service?  In the end, it is Koodo who has to accept the code and activate the plan for you.  Passing the buck around a little, aren't they?  Hopefully, the moderators can help you but you're being given the run-around by Koodo, in my opinion. This is a Koodo offer, for a Koodo plan, for something be redeemed on the Koodo website, and for service being provided by Koodo.  How is Public Mobile going to help you with something 100% Koodo?

I got the exact same response from Koodo via email - they said it's a PM thing that has nothing to do with Koodo. I responded with exactly the same points you made - and never got a reply, just radio silence.

@rndwng wrote:

Any help?

Thanks

@Moderator_Team

Why would Koodo customer service tell you to contact Public Mobile customer service?  In the end, it is Koodo who has to accept the code and activate the plan for you.  Passing the buck around a little, aren't they?  Hopefully, the moderators can help you but you're being given the run-around by Koodo, in my opinion. This is a Koodo offer, for a Koodo plan, for something be redeemed on the Koodo website, and for service being provided by Koodo.  How is Public Mobile going to help you with something 100% Koodo?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rndwng, you are getting the runaround here.  The list of eligible customers may be generated here using the subscriber database.  If someone has taken your number and used it, the only way to find out who is over at Koodo.  The sign up would have been done at Koodo and so how is Public Mobile to research that.  I have read customer being able to take the text offer to a store and having them call in and straighten things out.  I suggest going that route. 

cappaj

@rndwng wrote:

Any help?

Thanks

@Moderator_Team

Yo ucould try sending a private message to Moderator_Team as well - include as many details as you can, including your name, number, account number, and PIN, so that they can help right away.

I had the same thing happen a month or so ago - I had to send a couple messages back and forth with a moderator before they understood what I meant. Then, they forwarded the issue to the "technical team" who was supposed to get back to me in 10 days. 

However, in the meantime, a new Koodo offer cam out and I signed up for it successfully before they ever got back to me, so I don't know how it would have all resolved (I told them they didn't need to keep investigating if they didn't want to, since I was migrating to Koodo anyways - and I didn't want them to accidentally mess with my actual, real migration).

Anyways - just be prepared for a long, drawn out ordeal!

Need Help? Let's chat.