cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM's 90-day 12Gig $120 vs $40 offer on Koodo

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anybody have the complete comparison of the Fall 2016 plan ($120 12Gig 90days) versus what is being offered on Koodo as an alternative? Is it correct to say that if one has no referrals, he will only be missing out on the autopay credit? What am I missing?

8 REPLIES 8

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13wrote:

@Lg85wrote:

@evergreenwrote:

Thanks. But I think you meant $39 per month not $37 per month. $37 per month will give someone a $9 credit in 3 months.

@KMG is correct. So if the plan was $120 per 90 days, you should have received a $1 loyalty credit per 30 days plus the $2 autopay reward per 30 days. This makes it to $3 credit per 30 days (hence $37 per 30 days), which is equivalent to $9 credit per 90 days. 

Some people will not have reached the year yet if they came over on the freedom promo,as this price increase targeted all 12gb $120 plans,not just the fall promo

Good point! Never thought about that 🙂

@Lg85wrote:

@evergreenwrote:

Thanks. But I think you meant $39 per month not $37 per month. $37 per month will give someone a $9 credit in 3 months.

@KMG is correct. So if the plan was $120 per 90 days, you should have received a $1 loyalty credit per 30 days plus the $2 autopay reward per 30 days. This makes it to $3 credit per 30 days (hence $37 per 30 days), which is equivalent to $9 credit per 90 days. 

Some people will not have reached the year yet if they came over on the freedom promo,as this price increase targeted all 12gb $120 plans,not just the fall promo

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@evergreen,

And if you cared about your credit score, with Koodo being a postpaid service, they will have to run a credit check, which will temporarily decrease your credit score.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@evergreenwrote:

@KMGwrote:

PM:

-If you signed up for the 12GB promo, you must have at least $1/month in loyalty credit by now.  So your monthly should be $37/month with autopay.

Koodo:

-Includes Canada-wide calling rather than province-wide.

-Because this would be postpaid, you would be liable for overage/roaming charges.

-If Koodo were to have any retentions deals in the future, you would be eligible for those.

-Need to pay $15+tax for a SIM card.

@evergreen, the bolded part is incorrect with Canada wide calling there would be no roaming and thus is classed as shock fee data.  You have to manually approve any data usage over your 4gb a month

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@evergreenwrote:

Does anybody have the complete comparison of the Fall 2016 plan ($120 12Gig 90days) versus what is being offered on Koodo as an alternative? Is it correct to say that if one has no referrals, he will only be missing out on the autopay credit? What am I missing?

PM the data is over 90 days so you have flexibility in how you use it. Your rewards and any possible community rewardst that you won't get with Koodo.  Koodo there would be a credit check, you get unlimited Canada wide calling, no call forwarding (that is extra).  You would also be able to get new devices with their tab feature.

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM:

-If you signed up for the 12GB promo, you must have at least $1/month in loyalty credit by now.  So your monthly should be $37/month with autopay.

Koodo:

-Includes Canada-wide calling rather than province-wide.

-Because this would be postpaid, you would be liable for overage/roaming charges.

-If Koodo were to have any retentions deals in the future, you would be eligible for those.

-Need to pay $15+tax for a SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.