cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: PM: WHERE is my 3G data bonus you promised to give at "Switching from Bell/Virgin/Lucky&am

@weiyu wrote:

Not always true, as someone ponted out on RFD,  he/she was told by moderator that 3GB was one time thing. then later the moderator corrected the word that 3GB was a monthly bonus.

Yeah I'm not sure I would put that much faith in the word of a moderator. I don't remember anything about changing a number for this promo. iirc stay on some specific plans, don't change the plan once there (the number isn't the plan in my definition) - is about it for the rules. Porting in a whole other Bell # thereby losing the already ported in Bell # that got the promo ...not sure.

@Alan_K: Would you be able to clarify your ruling on this? Customer took up the Bell 3gb promo. Wants to change number. He's not changing the plan...just the number. Does doing so lose the promo? 

Re: PM: WHERE is my 3G data bonus you promised to give at "Switching from Bell/Virgin/Lucky&am

Any port-in offer depending on activation from a specific provider must have the number ported in, to get the bonus.

After the port in, and after the offer has been granted, changing a phone number *should* not be an issue.  The phone number is not the plan, and you can change a phone number every 30 days if you wish, or by porting in from another carrier at any time.

For those of you who don't know, the moderator_team is now made of all sorts of new staff, who seem to no longer wish to follow previously allowed things around here.  I really wish Public Mobile would get their act together and fix what needs fixing, and keep rules straight with the moderators, as it appears some things are changing at random.

As you can see, I'm not speaking on behalf of Public Mobile - these are my opinions, and I always will continue to hold Public Mobile to their past practices until it is clearly stated by officials in charge about changes.

Public Mobile

@weiyu Hi there, we're sorry this happened to you- A number change shouldn't cause this promo to fall off so we're reaching out to you via PM to get this resolved. Thanks for being patient with us.

*Edited for clarity on number change

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Alan_KProblem has been solved by your moderator. Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@weiyu Hi there, we're sorry this happened to you- A plan change shouldn't cause this promo to fall off so we're reaching out to you via PM to get this resolved. Thanks for being patient with us.

@Alan_K 

I know weiyu said this is resolved but this was about a number change...not a plan change. Your promo announcement did say that the data would be dropped if there was a plan change (and the usuals) but it was a number change that seemed to need clarification for the moderator team.

fyi...just wanting to be sure we were all clear.

Public Mobile

@z10user4 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@weiyu Hi there, we're sorry this happened to you- A plan change shouldn't cause this promo to fall off so we're reaching out to you via PM to get this resolved. Thanks for being patient with us.

@Alan_K 

I know weiyu said this is resolved but this was about a number change...not a plan change. Your promo announcement did say that the data would be dropped if there was a plan change (and the usuals) but it was a number change that seemed to need clarification for the moderator team.

fyi...just wanting to be sure we were all clear.

@z10user4 Made a silly error, I meant to say number change all along. Yikes! Going to fix my post with a quick edit.

@weiyu Glad to hear Smiley Happy