cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM: WHERE is my 3GB data bonus you promised to give at "Switching from Bell/Virgin/Lucky" promo??

weiyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Got the 3GB recurring data bonus in the FIRST month with "switching from Bell/Virgin/Luck" promo a month ago. I had autopay setup on $35 ready made plan since day one, BUT starting from second month, the 3GB recurring bonus data was gone!!!!

Public mobile:

WHERE is my 3GB recurring bonus data you promised on "Switching from Bell/Virgin/Lucky" promo??

William

25 REPLIES 25

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@weiyu Hi there, we're sorry this happened to you- A plan change shouldn't cause this promo to fall off so we're reaching out to you via PM to get this resolved. Thanks for being patient with us.

@Alan_K 

I know weiyu said this is resolved but this was about a number change...not a plan change. Your promo announcement did say that the data would be dropped if there was a plan change (and the usuals) but it was a number change that seemed to need clarification for the moderator team.

fyi...just wanting to be sure we were all clear.

@Anonymous Made a silly error, I meant to say number change all along. Yikes! Going to fix my post with a quick edit.

@weiyu Glad to hear Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@weiyu Hi there, we're sorry this happened to you- A plan change shouldn't cause this promo to fall off so we're reaching out to you via PM to get this resolved. Thanks for being patient with us.

@Alan_K 

I know weiyu said this is resolved but this was about a number change...not a plan change. Your promo announcement did say that the data would be dropped if there was a plan change (and the usuals) but it was a number change that seemed to need clarification for the moderator team.

fyi...just wanting to be sure we were all clear.

weiyu

@Alan_KProblem has been solved by your moderator. Thanks!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@weiyu Hi there, we're sorry this happened to you- A number change shouldn't cause this promo to fall off so we're reaching out to you via PM to get this resolved. Thanks for being patient with us.

*Edited for clarity on number change

Any port-in offer depending on activation from a specific provider must have the number ported in, to get the bonus.

After the port in, and after the offer has been granted, changing a phone number *should* not be an issue.  The phone number is not the plan, and you can change a phone number every 30 days if you wish, or by porting in from another carrier at any time.

For those of you who don't know, the moderator_team is now made of all sorts of new staff, who seem to no longer wish to follow previously allowed things around here.  I really wish Public Mobile would get their act together and fix what needs fixing, and keep rules straight with the moderators, as it appears some things are changing at random.

As you can see, I'm not speaking on behalf of Public Mobile - these are my opinions, and I always will continue to hold Public Mobile to their past practices until it is clearly stated by officials in charge about changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@weiyu wrote:

Not always true, as someone ponted out on RFD,  he/she was told by moderator that 3GB was one time thing. then later the moderator corrected the word that 3GB was a monthly bonus.

Yeah I'm not sure I would put that much faith in the word of a moderator. I don't remember anything about changing a number for this promo. iirc stay on some specific plans, don't change the plan once there (the number isn't the plan in my definition) - is about it for the rules. Porting in a whole other Bell # thereby losing the already ported in Bell # that got the promo ...not sure.

@Alan_K: Would you be able to clarify your ruling on this? Customer took up the Bell 3gb promo. Wants to change number. He's not changing the plan...just the number. Does doing so lose the promo? 

@weiyu 

Well there is YMMV comes in. Good luck.

weiyu

Not always true, as someone ponted out on RFD,  he/she was told by moderator that 3GB was one time thing. then later the moderator corrected the word that 3GB was a monthly bonus.

@weiyuIt is what it is.. Moderator's word is pretty much final.

weiyu

Well, thats an odd policy. I dont see any reason why I can't change my phone# to a new phone#, or a new phone porting from Bell/Virgin/Lucky again.

@weiyuA moderator is an employee of Public Mobile.. so if they say it is true.. it is true.

weiyu

I was told by Moderator yesterday that if I change the phone#, the 3GB bonus will be removed.  Is that true?  because I don't see it was mentioned when I activate and setup the rate plan.

@GinYVR wrote:

@MandyJI found it on RFD, I found out @computergeek541 is also active there!

There are likely quite a few Public Mobile Community members also on RFD.  RFD is kind of like an advertising site for Public Mobile, but Telus didn't have to pay anything for it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@weiyu wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

This promo was taken down within a few days.  You had to act quickly.

@Anonymous wrote:

@weiyu wrote:

There is NO fine prints.  What you saw from the picture on RFD is exactly what was on PM promo page. except one condition: Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.  I didn't change the rate plan and its active.

You're probably fine. You just need to get comfy waiting for the mods unfortunately.

We all like to see corroborating evidence. Some random dude on the internet is not corroboration.

Note to self...screencap promos and the fine print...after all this time 🙂

???

Are you wondering about the last sentence? These promos come along and sometimes they have an announcement thread and sometimes not. In either case, I would like to remind myself to screencap the details for future reference. The social, aggregator sites often don't include the important details.

weiyu

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@weiyu wrote:

There is NO fine prints.  What you saw from the picture on RFD is exactly what was on PM promo page. except one condition: Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.  I didn't change the rate plan and its active.

You're probably fine. You just need to get comfy waiting for the mods unfortunately.

We all like to see corroborating evidence. Some random dude on the internet is not corroboration.

???

@Anonymous wrote:

@weiyu wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@weiyu wrote:

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@weiyu wrote:

except one condition: Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.  I didn't change the rate plan and its active.

Then hopefully you'll have no trouble getting the bonus data back after a moderator reviews your message. 🙂 I'm crossing my fingers for you that they get your account back to where it should be quickly!

MandyJ

@weiyu wrote:

There is NO fine prints.  What you saw from the picture on RFD is exactly what was on PM promo page.

Neither screencap says anything about recurring though... just "3 GB of bonus data". I don't doubt you that it said recurring somewhere (like the probably copied text says recurring), but I was just trying to confirm it on an official page. That's why I wanted to find the actual page... and to see what the "*conditions apply" is all about.

weiyu

MandyJ

@GinYVR wrote:

Yea, I found it there too, but the link back to Public Mobile in that post doesn't seem to work anymore. I figured if I could find the original page on the actual Public Mobile site, then I'd have the best chances of finding any possible fine print that may have been part of the deal.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here is a link to that old promotion : 

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-promo-switch-bell-3gb-data/

Hoping this may help. 

Cheers 

MandyJ

I've been trying to find the actual write up here for this deal, but I can't seem to find it. And the links referencing this deal on other sites, seem to lead to a page that does not exist. 😞 I thought maybe there was some fine print or something that might explain why you've stopped getting it, but without the full details of the plan, I can't be certain.

I hope it's just a glitch though and the moderators will be able to hook your bonus data back up for you!

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Reach out to the moderators on this one. They will see your activation date and that you ported from Bell/Virgin/Lucky. They will also see that you did get the 3Gb bonus in the first month. It seems it's just a technical glitch. 

Cheers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.