cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM I think Needs to eventually expand the Roaming beyond the US, EVEN IF it's JUST the Data

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

IF PM Had an Expanded Roaming, DATA Especially, PPL could use Apps like Whatsapp, ESPECIALLY If one travels to a place, and an Emergency occurs.

Better to have something there so that IF a SERIOUS Emergency, Illness, or worse, This being an essential Lifeline

In my opinion.

Plus, if one was on Vacation and wanted to show off some Pics, This could be an awesome option as well 

29 REPLIES 29

AdventrGrl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in Mexico in December. Oxxo, a convenience store which has locations pretty much everywhere, has sim cards and inexpensive plans.  There are different companies available and you need to ask for which ever one you want.  We bought two sim cards (and so now have Mexican phone numbers for our next trip) for about $10.  We just topped up when we ran out of data.

Very easy, inexpensive and fast.  The only thing is that you need to safely save your PM sim card for your return to Canada.

Additionally, you will have no service until you install your new sim card.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, as customer we are waiting for long long time.

However given their way to do it, doubt it iwll happen anytime soon.  They do it on purpose.  Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:

@AnonymousIs there a way to block him from the community for a while? His posts seem pretty irrational.

Don't ask me...ask an Oracle or a moderator.

These flare-ups of people going seemingly irrational happen on occassion.

Anyway...overnight...crickets...no proof...ridiculous unproven accusations. Easy to prove with pm's just sitting there in the inbox and taking screenshots to not copy/paste. No proof...didn't happen. Take so long...could be photoshopped. If it was about will13am's one post, I read and re-read it and can't for the life of me imagine how someone would perceive a threat out of that. Even before "The Edit".

Sorry you had to go through that will13am.

@AnonymousIs there a way to block him from the community for a while? His posts seem pretty irrational.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28 wrote:

Leave me alone, I don't go after ppl like this, and all you do is pick on me, I feel very much harassed and depressed

Hey. I'm willing to change a perception of someone...with proof. Accusing someone in the forum from pm's isn't fair. We all can't see it. So it's just an accusation. A heavy one at that. So prove it.

Leave me alone, I don't go after ppl like this, and all you do is pick on me, I feel very much harassed and depressed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28

Those are wild accusations. Post screenshots of them as proof.

Your wild, irrational posts lead me to more believe will13am saying hes never pm'd you than you accusing him of threats.

@will13am, DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN

EVER

@makkahn28 wrote:

@ShawnC13, I now feel VERY much Threatened by @will13am words and him private messaging me, I feel VERY Threatened 

I have never ever private messaged you.  I have no reason to.  I am sorry you feel that I threatened you.  That was never the intent. 

No, I will do it my self, as I can't trust ANY Oracle, It's Tarnished in my mind, and The Insults and Vulgar Comments made by that one Enraged me to point where I can NOT Trust ANY Oracle as it's now Compromised

@ShawnC13, I now feel VERY much Threatened by @will13am words and him private messaging me, I feel VERY Threatened 

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@makkahn28, why do you choose to whine about this service like this?  You know full well this is a budget operation with limited service features.  International roaming, device sales, call center, etc. are considered premium upgrades that are available in the other Telus brands.  Rather than complain about something that is likely never to come to Public Mobile, just switch brands and get all the service features that you want.  Throughout last year, multiple opportunities were available for customers to migrate to Koodo.  You chose to stay.  If you are stay, then this service works for you.  If this service works for you, be quiet and enjoy. 

@will13am, I wouldn't allow a regular member to post something like this.  There was no need for the last sentence that went a little to far

Corrected!  I am surprise there is no suggestion to move this thread to the lounge as it does not appear to be a genuine effort to suggest reasonable improvements to the service. 

@will13am, why did you edit my post?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am, STOP your Harrassing me via private Message

@CS_Agent, As I found @will13am previous comments VERY Disgusting and Vulgar, I demand that his Oracle status be reviewed in light

This is Unbecoming an Oracle, and I felt Deeply Humiliated, STOCKHOLME SYNDROME?

What else, making fun of me, because I have some Disability?

I'm DEEPLY Enraged

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@makkahn28, why do you choose to whine about this service like this?  You know full well this is a budget operation with limited service features.  International roaming, device sales, call center, etc. are considered premium upgrades that are available in the other Telus brands.  Rather than complain about something that is likely never to come to Public Mobile, just switch brands and get all the service features that you want.  Throughout last year, multiple opportunities were available for customers to migrate to Koodo.  You chose to stay.  If you are stay, then this service works for you.  If this service works for you, be quiet and enjoy. 

@will13am, I wouldn't allow a regular member to post something like this.  There was no need for the last sentence that went a little to far

Corrected!  I am surprise there is no suggestion to move this thread to the lounge as it does not appear to be a genuine effort to suggest reasonable improvements to the service. 

@ShawnC13, He is NOW GOING WAY TOO FAR.

How can an Oracle behave in SUCH AN Unprofessional Manner.

I have also brought this up to a PM Mod.

Oracles NEED to be held to account as well.

If they can behave like that, then that tarnishes the Oracle Program

@will13am wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy chocolate mole!

I THINK THAT ALSO YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF ME AND I FIND THAT DISGUSTING

I THINK YOU ARE INSULTING ME, and I do NOT FIND THAT FUNNY

I really dislike your insulting me.

I was ONLY making a Suggestion.

STOP INSULTING ME

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28 wrote:

Wifi is Not exactly.

If it were like on a Car, or Train, that's one thing, BUT it's Not exactly Universal yet.

Plus, If you are in an area that has NO Wifi around and considerable distance, well, That can be a serious matter.

Plus, My version of the Roaming, Like PM's Current System, in an Add-On, I think the Add-On is MUCH Safer than a Postpaid Roam, at least you know the Price Before hand, Not After

Sure. It can be found in planes, trains & automobiles (he11 of a game 🙂 ) and hotels and coffee shops and malls and restaurants etc.

I'm with you on having a telephone to work wherever you are within cell range...but your main criteria seemed to have been data.

And...phone booths still exist.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 wrote:

Canada has some of the highest mobile rates. If you're traveling it would be cheaper just to buy a SIM in another country to use while you're there.

when i was in mexico last year i bought a sim for the two days(i think it cost $7 for 1gb data).

@mimmo wrote:

@makkahn28 wrote:

IF PM Had an Expanded Roaming, DATA Especially, PPL could use Apps like Whatsapp, ESPECIALLY If one travels to a place, and an Emergency occurs.

Better to have something there so that IF a SERIOUS Emergency, Illness, or worse, This being an essential Lifeline

In my opinion.

Plus, if one was on Vacation and wanted to show off some Pics, This could be an awesome option as well 

koodo offers roaming.

The 3 tiers of brands is like flying I can fly on ultra lowcost carriers, or fly economy or first class.  

@mimmo, perfect example!!  @makkahn28, you really need to as @will13am always says take PM for what it is not what you want.  You list all of these ideas and some of them aren't even on top tier proider

Wifi is Not exactly.

If it were like on a Car, or Train, that's one thing, BUT it's Not exactly Universal yet.

Plus, If you are in an area that has NO Wifi around and considerable distance, well, That can be a serious matter.

Plus, My version of the Roaming, Like PM's Current System, in an Add-On, I think the Add-On is MUCH Safer than a Postpaid Roam, at least you know the Price Before hand, Not After

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Canada has some of the highest mobile rates. If you're traveling it would be cheaper just to buy a SIM in another country to use while you're there.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 wrote:

In my opinion.

koodo offers roaming.

The 3 tiers of brands is like flying I can fly on ultra lowcost carriers, or fly economy or first class.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28

But why? Wifi is everywhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.